Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is there a data add-on in 2015?

Userlevel 2
I'm  currently paying $40 monthly for 400 minutes + 400 mb that was chosen for me since 2013. I mainly use data and texting as my form of communication. I want to have a plan that has little minutes (less than 200 minutes) but with an option to up my data to 500 mb or more, but still costing $40. Is it possible? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Wil.

Unfortunately, there's isn't a data add-on available. Also depending on where you live you might get unlimited minutes + 1Gb of data. Make sure you follow Koodo's plan closely to see if there's another plan that suits your needs!
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

Hello Wil.

Unfortunately, there's isn't a data add-on available. Also depending on where you liv...

Thanks for the reply! I live in Toronto by the way. Do you think if I were to visit a Koodo store, I can bargain a $40 deal with data that ranges between 500mb to 1gb and reduce the minutes? I'm only asking because they sent me a txt that they'll waver off the remaining $30 off my tab just so they can get me to buy another phone. I'm interested in getting the moto x play with a newer plan that is suited for me.
Userlevel 7
Robert wrote:

Hello Wil.

Unfortunately, there's isn't a data add-on available. Also depending on where you liv...

No, there is no haggling with Koodo. Plans are what you see is what you get.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Wil.

You will be into the new Tab system if you upgrade your phone, so you can pick a plan from new plans - $40 for 500 min&500 mb or $45 for 750 min & 750 mb.( I know you don't need that much minutes, but you can't customize your plan with Koodo)
Does the text message from Koodo say they will wipe your tab for any phone upgrade or specific phone?
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

Hello Wil.

Hi jon and Mayumi. 

Thanks for replying! Basically this happen on august; the text told me I've been pre-approved to add another phone to my account. I was in Best Buy and asked an employee, and they told me that they can wipe off the remainder tab (which was around $40ish).

I wanted to wait to see if the nexus line will come to Koodo, but it doesn't look like its happening anytime soon. And since I can get a new phone and reduce the waiting time on this tab from this fair deal, I'd better stick with the moto x.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Wil.

I would call Koodo (*611 from your Koodo phone) and ask them if they will really wipe your tab if you upgrade to the Moto X. I don't want surprise later 😉
 I sometimes receive text offer, but it always say if I upgrade to specific phone...
Explain the text from Koodo and info by Best Buy rep.
If it's all correct info and still eligible, then I would go for it.