Koodo Community
Solved

Is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X compatible?

I'm shopping phones and looking at Koodo as a provider; would the Note 4X be compatible? Here are the supported networks:

2G: [b]GSM B2/3/5/8 CDMA 2000/1X BC0
3G: [b]WCDMA B1/B2/B5/B8 [b]TD-SCDMA B34/B39
4G: [b]FDD-LTE B1/B3/B5/B7/B8 [b]TD-LTE B38/B39/B40/B41 ( 2555-2655MHz )

55 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It will work on 3G and LTE-A but it wont work on LTE as that requires Band 4.
Gotcha - thank you for the response!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Eric,

If you want faster answers next time, you can go ahead and check it over here : http://willmyphonework.net

Robert wrote:

Hello Eric,

If you want faster answers next time, you can go ahead and check it over here : ...

Thanks! I wish I had known of this site when I bought a Blackberry Curve 9320!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Eric,

If you want faster answers next time, you can go ahead and check it over here : ...

Is it not compatible with Koodo?
Robert wrote:

Hello Eric,

It isn't. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Eric,

I'm sorry to hear that. You can try to return it or if you cannot then you can sell it at least and hopefully make your money back. Also IMO if you really want a BB I'd grab a BB10 phone of any kind instead as they're leaps and bounds ahead in capability compared to BBOS phones.
Robert wrote:

Hello Eric,

I’m looking global versions redmi4x. I checked your images as you posted above. It shows 4G LTE band 4 on with tick mark. So that mean , redmi4x global versions should support for Koodo right?
Robert wrote:

Hello Eric,

Yes the international version will work with Koodo 4G LTE.
Robert wrote:

Hello Eric,

Thanks
Hello Eric, 

I have redmi 4x and not able to make calls. How to setup the same with 3G network?

Please help me out. 

Thank you

- Jesal
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jesal wrote:

Hello Eric, 

I have redmi 4x and not able to make calls. How to setup the same with 3G netw...

Are you getting any service? Can you only not make calls? Can you recieve calls or call your voicemail?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jesal wrote:

Hello Eric, 

I have redmi 4x and not able to make calls. How to setup the same with 3G netw...

There is no published manual for your phone. On typical Android 6 devices, you should check [b]Settings for [b]Mobile Networks and specify [b]GSM / WCDMA in [b]Network modes.

You should also reboot the phone after making this change. Send yourself a text to verify connectivity all round.

If that doesn't work, you should visit a Koodo boutique and try the phone with a functional store SIM to rule that out as a problem.
Jesal wrote:

Hello Eric, 

Hello all. I did end up buying the Note 4x for myself and my wife and we're both getting great signal/service with no major issues. The only problem is that we can't set the device's local to Canada and therefore can't download the Koodoo app. Otherwise both devices are working great, including voicemail. Edit: And calls, of course. Pretty much everything is working flawlessly. The only other issue I've ran into is with Netflix and all I had to do is install the APK from their website rather than from the Play store. I very much do recommend the the device, but get a screen protector. The glass scratches very easily.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jesal wrote:

Hello Eric, 

The Koodo app has been discontinued. You can add it as a bookmark on your home screen. You can view instructions here: https://www.koodomobile.com/help/using-koodo-self-serve-your-mobile-phone
Jesal wrote:

Hello Eric, 

Ah, good to know! Cheers, Allan!
Jesal wrote:

Hello Eric, 

Hi, 

I am getting signal and able to use the mobile data. It shows all the signals. 
Also tried to change to 3G but with 3G it says no service. While with 4G it shows Koddo 4G but no calls go through. 

I would be visiting the store for sure, but thought if there is any setting which can be done to resolve quickly myself. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jesal wrote:

Hello Eric, 

Xiaomi's phones pretty universally have quad band 3G. I suppose it's possible that you got a specific sub model missing 850/1900mhz? Where did you get it from? Check the website for bands and see if it shows 850 or 1900mhz for 3G.
Jesal wrote:

Hello Eric, 

I got it from India and trying use here in Canada. 
For configuration - 
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4_(4x)-8608.php

Let me know if any other way to check it. Also, does kodoo have 3G connectivity everywhere? Any way to check if there is 3G network issue near the location?

Jesal wrote:

Hello Eric, 

I got the International version which may differ from your model. I did not have to configure it.
Jesal wrote:

Hello Eric, 

I think your was a redmi note 4X and this one is Redmi 4X not sure both are same? 
Below is the link for configuration. 
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4_(4x)-8608.php

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jesal wrote:

Hello Eric, 

You can check this website to see what towers are close to you. If you click on the marker it will tell you what frequecies the tower is using.
Jesal wrote:

Hello Eric, 

Also, I tried to see if that is international version. It has the language and location option except canada. So i think this is a international version. 

The china version has only 2 language and location options. 
That is what i found on googling to conclude this is a international version. 

Jesal wrote:

Hello Eric, 

The page only shows 4G towers and no 3G towers. 
http://choosehappy.koodomobile.com/network?INTCMP=KMNew_ChooseHappy_OurNetwork_CompareCoverage

Is there any otherway to check the coverage?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jesal wrote:

Hello Eric, 

Hmm it's possible an Indian version of the phone could be missing the bands. Try looking specifically for the submodel of your phone. Also "4G HSPA+" is 3G. If you have 4G data coverage you will almost certainly have 3G as well.