Koodo Community
Question

Is the S2X receiving the 4.1 update?

• 7 December 2012
  • 61 replies

Show first post

61 replies

Kies was a pleasure as always to use but Chris is right it's live guys!
Badge +4
26 minutes to download and install from start to finish - and the S2x now gets OTA software update capability and quite a few other cool features. Kies, yeah what a joy, lol. Windows Only: If you run into problems where Kies needs to be updated to the latest version 2.5.3.13043_13 and you get either the KiesTrayAgent.exe or KiesPDLR.exe errors, wait for Kies to restart, but when the Update box appears, DO NOT click update. Open up Task Manager (ctrl+shift+escape) and select the Processes tab, look for and RIGHT-click on KiesTrayAgent.exe and select End Process Tree. Do the same for KiesPDLR.exe. Exit out of Task Manager, then click Update and you should see the update begin.

Finally!
Hey guys. Everytime I try to updat ethe firmware, my Kies just dies without any error message during the process (at 0%). I did a factory reset on my cellphone, and re-installed Kies too, without any success whatsoever. Anyone knows a fix? Samsung's support website won't tell me anything useful. I also tried running Kies in compatibility mode (XP SP3). I'm on Windows 8 64-Bit with the latest Kies.
Badge +4
Hey guys. Everytime I try to updat ethe firmware, my Kies just dies without any error message...I'm running Win7 on a 64-bit quad-core machine and only experienced the issue with updating Kies, no need to run in compatibility mode. Right-click on the Kies icon and run as Administrator. On your S2x, go to Settings > Applications, swipe to ALL and scroll down to and tap on LogsProvider and clear the data. Just to confirm, what version of Kies do you have? Go to Help > Kies Information; you should have version 2.5.3.13043_13. If you have the version that ends with _10, you need to update Kies first and then follow the instructions below. If you run into problems where Kies needs to be updated to the latest version 2.5.3.13043_13 and you get either the Cannot stop KiesTrayAgent.exe process or KiesPDLR.exe errors, wait for Kies to restart. When the Update box appears, DO NOT click Update. Open up Task Manager (ctrl+shift+escape) and select the Processes tab, look for and RIGHT-click on KiesTrayAgent.exe and select End Process Tree. Do the same for KiesPDLR.exe. Exit out of Task Manager, then click Update and you should see the update begin.
Hey guys. Everytime I try to updat ethe firmware, my Kies just dies without any error message...I fixes the issue doing the regular steps on a fresh windows 7 installation. I'm trying to get used to thé SwiftKey keyboard... Since the Google keyboard from ICS isn't available in Jelly Bean and that I hate thé Samsung Keyboard... 😞. Thanks for the help though !
Hey guys. Everytime I try to updat ethe firmware, my Kies just dies without any error message...Check out "hackers keyboard" or "Kii keyboard" in the play store!
Badge +4
Hey guys. Everytime I try to updat ethe firmware, my Kies just dies without any error message...GO Keyboard works well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey guys. Everytime I try to updat ethe firmware, my Kies just dies without any error message...Nothing beats Swift key , every Android nutt I know uses it including myself and Most will never use anything else after trying it. You just have to set it up right and give it a couple weeks to learn how you type, you'll be very impressed.