Koodo Community
Question

Is the S2X receiving the 4.1 update?

• 7 December 2012
  • 61 replies

With all the different models of the S2, I'm having am issue figuring out if the Koodo model will be getting the update. I've been holding off flashing a custom ROM in hopes there was going to be an official update, so any insight would be appreciated.

61 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
At this time there have been no Galaxy S2 update to date. The Galaxy S2X will be getting it but it won't be til 2013 . The international model will get it first and then it usually takes another couple months for carrier models to receive it. - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada)
At this time there have been no Galaxy S2 update to date. The Galaxy S2X will be getting it but i...Like in early 2013? Do you have a link to the source for this info?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
At this time there have been no Galaxy S2 update to date. The Galaxy S2X will be getting it but i...Android 4.1.2 will be Galaxy S2's entry into Jelly Bean territory, so there are still a couple features to take note of: Google Now and Project Butter. Google Now is Android's version of Siri and will tell you how long your morning commute will take and can even give you the latest sports scores. Project Butter ramps up the frame rate and system performance for a silkier interface that gets rid of a lot of Ice Cream Sandwich's lag. Welcome upgrades for the Galaxy S2, which has officially been running Ice Cream Sandwich, a version of Android that lacks these features.  Samsung is expected to begin rolling out its official Android 4.1.2 update for the Galaxy S2 smartphone before the end of 2012. As usual, this will come in batches, and not everyone will have access to it, so if you're willing to risk your Galaxy S2, the firmwares can provide services that might take awhile to hit - especially if you're an owner of a U.S. & Canadian tied carrier-tied variant. I took this from 1 article of many on the net, I also have been an Android and specifically a Samsung user for many years and know that this is how updates work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
At this time there have been no Galaxy S2 update to date. The Galaxy S2X will be getting it but i...Since they haven't released the International models update yet and it usually takes 2 months for carriers to apply their bloatware and test the update I'd say no earlier than February.
Userlevel 1
At this time there have been no Galaxy S2 update to date. The Galaxy S2X will be getting it but i...Koodo Samsung SIIX came with Android 4.0 OS version, regarding an update in the near future Kid Android from (Team.Android.Canada) just gave some feedback on that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
At this time there have been no Galaxy S2 update to date. The Galaxy S2X will be getting it but i...@Mat 4.0.4
At this time there have been no Galaxy S2 update to date. The Galaxy S2X will be getting it but i...Does the samsung galaxy s2x koodo have any up coming updates????
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
At this time there have been no Galaxy S2 update to date. The Galaxy S2X will be getting it but i...You should be getting an update soon that will have to be done through KIES software on your computer. It's Android 4.1.2
At this time there have been no Galaxy S2 update to date. The Galaxy S2X will be getting it but i...I am just wondering if it is out already
At this time there have been no Galaxy S2 update to date. The Galaxy S2X will be getting it but i...It'll be out in April from what Telus' page states. Be patient, when it's ready and available, you'll know when you connect your phone to Kies
Hell with that. I'll be flashing slim bean tonight.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hell with that. I'll be flashing slim bean tonight.Hey if you know how to do it then why not . You can always go back when the official OTA update is released. I think it's taking longer because they skipped 4.1.1 and went to 4.1.2 because they are adding some other Samsung features to it.
Userlevel 1
Hell with that. I'll be flashing slim bean tonight.Flahsing phones is not good solution to get an update, risky business...
Hell with that. I'll be flashing slim bean tonight.Meh. Flashing isn't that big of a deal. My SII X is running 4.1.2 as of right now. Screw waiting until January
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hell with that. I'll be flashing slim bean tonight.If you know what your doing its not really an issue unless you flash a ROM with a virus or serious bug in it. I'm glad I have the Galaxy Note 2 because I see no reason to flash or anything, it fits every need I could ever want a phone to meet and much more. Anybodylooking for a new high end phone I highly recommend it.
Hell with that. I'll be flashing slim bean tonight.The note line is nice, it's just the size. For me it's just too big for a cell phone. But obviously for a lot of people that's not the case. It's a very polarizing device. When it comes to roms, you just have to do your research. I went with slim bean 3.0 partly due to a recommendation on these forums, and how well received it was on the xda forums for my device. I'm extremely happy with my choice. 4.1.2 on my s2x is so much faster than 4.0.4 it's like night and day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The international JB update should be coming this week if they don't run into problems because the file was just added here http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=search&searchValue=GT-I9100 Meaning that the S2X could becoming sooner than February like I stated above, don't count on it but it's looking possible now 🙂 - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada)
The international JB update should be coming this week if they don't run into problems because th...You'd think the turn around would small, koodo doesn't seem to install any bloatware that wasnt already in the manufacturer's Rom
Will the update provide a full screen caller photo?
Userlevel 2
Will the update provide a full screen caller photo?Add a pic to your contact. that's the only way you'll get full screen caller photo. I have to do that on mine so I imagine it's like that for any other cell phone.
Will the update provide a full screen caller photo?I have photos attached to my contact. Presently, the caller id photo is thumbprint size.
Userlevel 2
Will the update provide a full screen caller photo?Well, that doesn't have anything to do with Koodo, as far as I know. Contact Samsung for any phone specific feature about their phones. They can give you the correct info.
Will the update provide a full screen caller photo?Mychael is correct, Koodo has nothing to do with the updates in the OS of the phones. Samsung should have all the information about all proceeding OS updates toward the SIIX, S3, and Note.
I am looking for a call id photo image such as this found on galaxy 3. My question is will the jelly bean update contain this type of mod?

Userlevel 2
I am looking for a call id photo image such as this found on galaxy 3. My question is will the je...I have the Nexus S with Jellybean and I get full photo caller, so I guess the answer is yes.