Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is phone unlocked already?

Hello, my dad has a MOTOROLA TXT1032 ANDROID purchased directly from Koodo. He's moving to South America next week and wants to use his phone with a local carrier. Is this phone unlocked? IWe just agreed to pay off the tab on the next bill, but when I try to request an unlock code from Koodo, I get an error message saying that "an unlock code or programming instructions are not available". What can we do about this?
Thanks!
David J.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Honestly, koodo will change you 35$ to unlock that phone, you can find unlock codes on ebay or cellunlocker.net for 5$ or less The phones aren't typically sold unlocked so I don't it is Already.
Thanks Chad! Would an unlock code from any other unlocking company work? I just want to make sure his phone doesn't get blocked.
Thanks again!
David J.
Userlevel 7
David Jaimes wrote:

Thanks Chad! Would an unlock code from any other unlocking company work? I just want to make sure...

Yes but when you search for a coffee you'll specify that your phone is with koodo and the website or seller will calculate the proper code for you. For instance on ebay you'll search : Unlock koodo Moto G Make sure on ebay that the seller has a positive feedback rating with lots of recent sales. In order to perform the unlock you'll also need a SIM from another carrier besides koodo, telus, or Public Mobile.
David Jaimes wrote:

Thanks Chad! Would an unlock code from any other unlocking company work? I just want to make sure...

This was very helpful. Thanks a lot!
Userlevel 7
David Jaimes wrote:

Lol I meant code not coffee Glad I could help