Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is it possible to limit or pause texting/data on a phone for a short period?

My son has abused his phone privileges, and I would like to restrict data and text messages for a short period of time. Is it possible to keep the plan but restrict the texting and data usage, and keep it for emergencies/phone calls only for a limited time? I already have an app that restricts what he does, but I am interested in just limiting it directly. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is a $2/month data block w/pic messaging add-on. That's about all Koodo offers in terms of what you're asking for.
Allan wrote:

There is a $2/month data block w/pic messaging add-on. That's about all Koodo offers in terms of ...

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

There is a $2/month data block w/pic messaging add-on. That's about all Koodo offers in terms of ...

That one will not restrict texting or picture messaging, just block other data such as email and streaming.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Son, here's your new phone. You can have your former one back when your probation is over.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Laurie, text messages included in our plans as a unlimited feature, so unless your son is on a plan that doesn't have it only extra data charges would happen if, as you mentioned, "abuse" took place. Allan's recco is the best. That feature can easily be added and removed online if you want temporary restrictions on data use.  
Bernard wrote:

@ Laurie, text messages included in our plans as a unlimited feature, so unless your son is on a ...

Great thank you.