Koodo Community

Community

iPhone 6 not receiving texts from one person

I'm trying to get my grandmother who has a Sony Xperia with Sasktel she receives my messages and her messages show sent but my don't receive her messages. I can receive messages from my parents who have iPhones and my friend who has a Samsung galaxy s7. I've tried restarting my phone and resetting network settings and nothing yet. What could be the problem?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Amberlea, try going into Messages and check to see if you accidentally blocked your grandmother's number.
Daniel Kim wrote:

Hi Amberlea, try going into Messages and check to see if you accidentally blocked your grandmothe...

Checked that and not blocked.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Kim wrote:

Hi Amberlea, try going into Messages and check to see if you accidentally blocked your grandmothe...

Did she recently switch from iphone to android? She may need to unregister from iMessage
Daniel Kim wrote:

No this is her first smartphone
Userlevel 7
Daniel Kim wrote:

Is it a new smart phone or a phone me down?
Daniel Kim wrote:

I just got my iPhone about 4 months ago and my grandma got hers in the summer I believe
Just to update got it working again now 🙂 we removed from contacts and added again
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Amberlea Cawkwell wrote:

Just to update got it working again now 🙂 we removed from contacts and added again

Question: On which phone (her's or yours) was the contact updated?
Amberlea Cawkwell wrote:

Hers