Koodo Community

Community

Solved

invalid sim card

Samsung Galaxy S5 neo... I've had it for 4-5 months and just today it started saying "Invalid SIM Card" I tried restarting and removing the SIM Card & battery 3x, no luck. I turned it off and will leave it off for an hour or so and hopefully tht does it. But if not... I'm lost without my phone, I need it!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
See if yoou can put the sim in another phone to see if the problem follows. If you cannot do that, try going to a Koodo store (Best [b]Buy works as well) and ask to have a demo sim put in your phone and your sim put in a demo phone to see where the issue lies.
I just had the same problem with my Moto G that I've been using for 3 years. Last night I phoned someone, and then later in the evening I noticed the message "Invalid SIM - emergency calls only." I rebooted a few times with no change and left it overnight. In the morning, the same message was displayed but after another reboot, I have Koodo service again.

Do SIM cards wear out?
Is this caused by a problem with the cellular network?

Andrew Kerper
Greenwood NS
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Andrew Kerper wrote:

I just had the same problem with my Moto G that I've been using for 3 years. Last night I phoned ...

SIM cards do fail. This has nothing to do with the network.

If you keep having this issue, the next step would be to get a new SIM card.
Andrew Kerper wrote:

I just had the same problem with my Moto G that I've been using for 3 years. Last night I phoned ...

Thanks Ivan. I will get a new card as a preventive measure, since I have had a few warning signs. This overnight issue was the most severe.