Koodo Community
Question

Invalid Sim

• 27 September 2020
  • 11 replies

My Phone is saying Invalid SIM

It's a Galaxy S8 which I just had replaced 2 months ago.

I have rebooted (several times), removed and cleaned the SIM, and wiped the cache on my phone.

Service centers are closed for Covid, and I'm self-employed, requiring this phone to make a living.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi

What plan are you on? Are you a prepaid or postpaid customer. Did the SIM card work on that phone previously? 

Also I would suggest you check your selfserve account and see if you had any overdue amout and the account was active. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Postpaid or prepaid?

It was working up to today/recently?

Did you log into your self serve and check if your account is still active?

Hi

What plan are you on? Are you a prepaid or postpaid customer. Did the SIM card work on that phone previously? 

Also I would suggest you check your selfserve account and see if you had any overdue amout and the account was active. 

I'm on a monthly service which is kept up to date, last paid in full Sept 18th. My self serve says "No balance owing", and yes, the SIM card worked fine until this morning.

Postpaid or prepaid?

It was working up to today/recently?

Did you log into your self serve and check if your account is still active?

I'm on a monthly service which is kept up to date, last paid in full Sept 18th. My self serve says "No balance owing", and yes, the SIM card worked fine until this morning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From your description, I would suggest you reset network settings of the phone. Go to settings » general management » reset » reset network settings. Hopefully this helps.

If a reset doesn’t help, you might want to test the SIM in another phone (if there is one around). The problem could also be from the SIM card. If possible I would suggest you change SIM. Btw, call center isn’t closed. Koodo kiosk and other Koodo retail should be open now.

Badge +4

Is this the same SIM card installed in your first S8 or previous Android device?

Have you tried toggling Airplane mode on/off?

Did your first S8 or previous Android device have the same issue? (Invalid SIM card message). 

Sometimes the age of the SIM card can lead to failure with little or no warning other than the message you’re seeing now. Toggling Airplane mode on/off forces the phone to look for a network. Leave it in Airplane mode for about 15 seconds, then turn Airplane mode off. 

Failing that, bring your phone to a Koodo kiosk or store and ask them to test your phone with a new SIM card. I’m not sure where you live. In Ontario, I’m seeing several Koodo shops showing as open. Some are stores others are kiosks in malls. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The question regarding your Account Status (should be Active) in your self serve account was asked but I have not seen your answer regarding your current  ‘Account Status’.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The question regarding your Account Status (should be Active) in your self serve account was asked but I have not seen your answer regarding your current  ‘Account Status’.

S/he said " on a monthly service which is kept up to date, last paid in full Sept 18th. My self serve says "No balance owing",".  

Monthly/postpaid account self serve doesn't show our status same way with prepaid.

His/her payment is up to date and was working till this morning. So, I don't see there is any reason Koodo suspend his account.

So, it's likely issue is with SIM card, phone or connection.   If not, then s/he can ask a rep for his account status.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You mentioned "It's a Galaxy S8 which I just had replaced 2 months ago.".  Did you buy it from Koodo or someone else?

You mentioned "It's a Galaxy S8 which I just had replaced 2 months ago.".  Did you buy it from Koodo or someone else?

Originally purchased through Koodoo, Phone broke, and Koodoo replaced it 2 months ago though the replacement plan I have (Asurion)... It has worked fine since I recieved it though.

I'm going to try a couple of the things people have mentioned here. Thanks so much everyone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Originally purchased through Koodoo, Phone broke, and Koodoo replaced it 2 months ago though the replacement plan I have (Asurion)... It has worked fine since I recieved it though.

I'm going to try a couple of the things people have mentioned here. Thanks so much everyone!

I like @Dinh ‘s suggestion.  You can also test a working sim from a friend/family in your phone to see if the issue is with the phone.