Koodo Community

Community

International Texting not working:

I added international voice roaming and purchased a $15 international text plan. I am now in Auckland New Zealand and I can receive texts from Canada but can't seem to send them. I am using the 001 prefix with my texts. How do I fix this? Using an LG G3.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Karen, Follow this link it should help your situation https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/international-text-not-working
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey there Paul,

Don't you think she already has the add-on? She seems to be having trouble sending texts, but not receiving them.

If you restart your phone do you still have trouble sending them?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In case Paul's suggestion isn't working or you have Already done this, NZ's exit code is '00.' Make sure that if you are doing '001' that you're not doing '001 1 450 555 1234' but rather doing '00 1 450 555 1234.' To make things easier, '+' is the universal exit code and your phone will do it without issues if you do '+1 450 555 1234.'
I already have the add-on and am using the 001 correctly. We put the add-on before we left and activated the text package days before leaving - so yes it has been restarted since then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karen S McGhee wrote:

I already have the add-on and am using the 001 correctly. We put the add-on before we left and ac...

Would it be possible for you to connect manually to another network? I am not familiar with NZ but thinking perhaps the carrier you're using now allows for receiving texts but not sending them. It's a long shot I know but worth trying 🙂
Karen S McGhee wrote:

I already have the add-on and am using the 001 correctly. We put the add-on before we left and ac...

How do you do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karen S McGhee wrote:

What kind of phone do you have?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karen S McGhee wrote:

http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smart...

Step-by-step visual guide in the above link. Oh and I'd give it a go taking your Sim card out, back in, and restart a couple times.
Karen S McGhee wrote:

none of this is working