Koodo Community

Community

Solved

International Calling

I have the $15 dollar baseplan. I was wondering when i top my minutes up will i be charged extra for incoming international calls when i pick up or is it the same anywhere as long as i am in canada?

22 replies

Userlevel 7
There are no extra charges for receiving international calls.
What about the 25 base plan? If I receive the call on the evening will i still use my booster minutes? Is there any base plan on prepaid where I won't use my booster minutes to receive international calls?
Userlevel 5
Hey MayuMi,

With the $25 base plan, you've got Unlimited Evenings & Weekends Calling after 7 pm, so if you receive calls after 7 pm (local calls, Canadian long distance or international calls), you won't use your minutes.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Nabil wrote:

Hey MayuMi,

With the $25 base plan, you've got Unlimited Evenings & Weekends Calli...

Ok I just got I call from Mexico and took 10 mins out of my talk booster why is that happening?? It's 7:00 pm
Userlevel 7
Nabil wrote:

Hey MayuMi,

It's not 7pm yet
Nabil wrote:

Hey MayuMi,

This really depends on the time you receive the call. If you received the call after 7PM, then it is free. If it is before 7:00 Pm when you receive the call, you will use up some minutes.
Nabil wrote:

Hey MayuMi,

Ok so what time do I use? Because here in NB was 7pm I shouldn't use the local time then??
Userlevel 7
Nabil wrote:

Hey MayuMi,

It should be local time... If it was after 7 and you have evenings and weekends then the call shouldn't have bee chargeable. What plan are you on?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nabil wrote:

Hey MayuMi,

The way the 25 dollar plan is worded vs the two Canada wide prepaid plans it would appear that you only get unlimited local incoming. 25: unlimited local evenings and weekends calling 35:unlimited Canada-wide incoming calls. There is no mention of incoming calls included in the 25 description whereas the Canada wide plans explicitly describe it, which leads me to think that you don't get non local incoming included. I think that a Koodo employee should should contacted to confirm at this point. Also if true that's not cool.
Nabil wrote:

Hey MayuMi,

Exactly I have the 25 plan, and I see your point and in that case there isn't any plans that explicitly states that I can receive international calls. And now I don't know what to do anymore -.-
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nabil wrote:

Hey MayuMi,

If you are in your local area, your incoming calls are always as local call even if it from oversea.

"25: unlimited local evenings and weekends calling"
- It doesn't use your minutes if you are in your local area during this time.

"35:unlimited Canada-wide incoming calls."
- It doesn't use your minutes when you received calls even if you are outside of your local area.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nabil wrote:

Hey MayuMi,

Ah maybe that's what it was, being out of the local calling area. Gives me shivers; I'm glad I never have to worry about that again.
Guys i just found out koodo is slightly lying. They say there are no additional charges but online it says otherwise. So if i was to make an onternational call from canada 1 min is worth 5 minutes. Thats like 25c per min.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
FalcanSerenity12 . wrote:

Guys i just found out koodo is slightly lying. They say there are no additional charges but onlin...

What part is lying?

If you Make calls to USA or international, there are additional long distance charges.

Your question was about incoming calls.
If you have the $15 plan(text only) with Talk booster, your incoming call count as local minutes - 1 min for 1 min - no extra international rate.

Or am I misunderstanding your comment?
[b]

Guys i just found out koodo is slightly lying. They say there are no additional charges but onlin...

Maybe i didnt ask my question right sorry about that. I meant if we called internationally would we get charged extra which also included minutes. Because i didnt realize that they would just double the minutes from the actual call minutes. Thats considered am extra charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Included minutes as "Unlimited Evenings & Weekends Calling"? 
$25 plan includes local minutes.
$35,$50 plans includes Canada-wide minutes.

If you make US or international calls, then your minutes will be deducted as long distance charge rate...

I see i didnt know it was like that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, you have $15 plan with a Talk booster,correct?

There is 2 questions and (2 different plan) in this post. I guess it made some confusion...

Yes im with the $15 base plan. So in my case 1 min for internstional calls is equivalent to 5 minutes?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To make international phone calls, yes.
(Receiving calls are 1 min for 1 min.)

Anyways It is till using my minutes when receiving international calls even if I'm in my area and in the evening and weekends -.- I'm gonna try the 35 plan and see how it works otherwise I'm so moving to another company -.-
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could try calling 611 to get clarification if it's still taking minutes even in your local calling area. System glitches do happen unfortunately. If they say no it shouldn't then open a ticket if yes then definitely find an option that will work for you. Another option if you have access to wifi is to use Fongo to receive calls.