Koodo Community

Community

Solved

international and internet incoming calls

I have a Samsung 4 and live in Vancouver, BC, I have the 300MB 300 Min Plan and I want to know if I can receive calls from Mexico and or through Internet free of charge. thank you. 🙂

6 replies

Userlevel 5
If you make or receive a call from Mexico there will be long distance charges. Any form of Internet call (Skype, FaceTime, etc.) Will use Data and can eat away at it fairly quickly. You're best to do so on WiFi (Which won't use any Data at all while on it) Hope this helps!
Userlevel 3
Justin Robichaud wrote:

If you make or receive a call from Mexico there will be long distance charges. Any form of Intern...

Many people have complained after they have used their data through the roof because they have used celluar data when calling on (Skype, Hangouts, etc) without knowing it. Just MAKE SURE you are connected to WIFI and that your cellular data is turned OFF. This will prevent bill nightmares:) Hope this helps:)
Userlevel 7
Justin Robichaud wrote:

If you make or receive a call from Mexico there will be long distance charges. Any form of Intern...

Hey guys there are absolutely No additional charges to receive a call as long as you are in Canada at the time. The call will deduct from your minutes as per your plan. So if you have 300 anytime minutes then each minute would deduct one minute. If you call Mexico then yes there will be long distance charges.
Userlevel 5
Justin Robichaud wrote:

This is great to know. Would it be unlimited if received after 5pm or on weekends?
Userlevel 7
Justin Robichaud wrote:

As long as that's included in the plan.
Justin Robichaud wrote:

Thank you all! Chad very helpful information. 🙂