Koodo Community

Community

Solved

International add on

I just added international text data and calls 50 50 50 my profile says effective immediately does that mean I can't use my phone for texts at home until I leave because I only have 50 now for the month ? 😞

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No worries Rebecca! Your international roaming will only be used when you are abroad... while still in Canada you can text and call according to your regular plan.

Make SURE you add the international roaming add-on (free) to your plan as well, otherwise you won't be able to use your 50/50/50 rate...
Sophia wrote:

No worries Rebecca! Your international roaming will only be used when you are abroad... while sti...

how would I add international roaming ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

No worries Rebecca! Your international roaming will only be used when you are abroad... while sti...

Go to your self-serve app, Plans & Add-ons, Get More Add-ons. There's two roaming add-ons you will need to activate. They're both zero dollars.
Sophia wrote:

I was unable to find international voice and data roaming on my self service page. I emailed koodo and they got back to me almost immediately and set it up for me. They also told me how the $40 text /talk/data plan works while you're overseas. (You can call or text numbers to and from canada and numbers within the country you are visiting) Amazing customer service. Kudos!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

It should still work via the self-serve app on your phone. Did you also try that ? Kind of moot now but I'm curious if you don mind! I'm glad that Koodo reps were able to get it sorted for you.