Koodo Community
Solved

instant voicemail

HI all
I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what the instant voicemail add on is? I previously had voicemail to text with another company and loved that feature, so was hoping maybe this was something along the same lines.
Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 9 July 2019, 00:37

For anyone: The Koodo "Instant Voicemail" service allows a customer with any MMS (Picture, Video and Audio) capable messaging device to receive a voicemail audio file via MMS. Koodo “Instant Voicemail” is a great low cost option for any Smartphone that does not support Visual Voicemail.
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No it isn't. You get a recording of the vm in your text messages that you can play instantaneously. I would like the voicemail to text, which is like the visual voicemail that is offered to iPhone users.
Oh unfortunately this is just an alternative to visual voicemail for phones that dont support it. So its not 100% the same Features
No it isn't. You get a recording of the vm in your text messages that you can play instantaneously. I would like the voicemail to text, which is like the visual voicemail that is offered to iPhone users.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is it likely that koodo will be offering voicemail to text for android users anywhere in the near future?
Isnt that what this is ☝☝
Is it likely that koodo will be offering voicemail to text for android users anywhere in the near future?
Userlevel 5
Would've been convenient if someone had copied and pasted that text into the add-on description.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For anyone: The Koodo "Instant Voicemail" service allows a customer with any MMS (Picture, Video and Audio) capable messaging device to receive a voicemail audio file via MMS. Koodo “Instant Voicemail” is a great low cost option for any Smartphone that does not support Visual Voicemail.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I figured it out thanks.

When you get a voicemail you get a text and can play the vm directly through that without dialing into your vm.

Interesting! Thanks for figuring that out!
I figured it out thanks.

When you get a voicemail you get a text and can play the vm directly through that without dialing into your vm.
Userlevel 5
What, Mobile Masters don't have Self Serve access?

Badge +4
Any chance you could post a screenshot? Please leave out any information that personally identifies you.
Yes I had it with telus previously and hoped it was the same thing.

When I logged into my account and went into add ons, it was there. I could not see it if I was nit logged in.
Badge +4
Can you tell us where you saw this feature? I can't see anything related to an instant voicemail add-on, on this site. Though, TELUS offers a voicemail to text add-on.