Installing JellyBean 4.1.2 (S2x) when Samsung Kies won't

Badge +4

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Awesome, will I loose root?
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Awesome, will I loose root?

Yeah, I lost it, (went through Kies, not Odin, yeah I know, lol!) along with losing the ability to input mmi/ussd codes. I was able to flash a custom recovery, but that's about it. So I'm thinking of heading back to CM 10 or maybe I'll try the MIUI ROM, didn't loose the carrier unlock though. You might be able to preserve root going through Odin, no guarantees though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Great post Rikkster
The link for Odin wont work.
Badge +4
Brady Morgan wrote:

The link for Odin wont work.

Thanks for the heads up, here's another link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2189539
There seems to be two versions of Jelly Bean for the S2X. One gives you the 4G icon and comes more complete, the other the H+/3G icon and its really bare. The Kies failure is at 93% the mdm part, Odin will stall at this part as well but will finish the software update. You won't have the latest radio though. You'll need to flash a recovery and flash the radio manually. That's what I had to do.
Badge +4
Cristhian Mejia wrote:

There seems to be two versions of Jelly Bean for the S2X. One gives you the 4G icon and comes mor...

Good point and that could very well be the solution to the issue where some people are experiencing poor call quality.