Koodo Community

Community

Solved

increase internal phone storage?

is there a way to increase the amount of internal phone storage i have and text message memory?

9 replies

As far as I know, there isn't. The internal storage is the equivelant to a hard drive in a computer.
Depends on the phone. Some androids you can swap the external & internal SD roles with a simple script and root.
Something like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.codlab.int2ext&hl=en Though I've never used this one myself. But its the same idea that I was speaking about
Userlevel 5
What phone do you have? If you have an iPhone, then no. You cannot increase the amount of internal phone storage unless you delete some things you do not need. If you have an Android, you can get an micro SD card that can be used for some things but most applications need to be downloaded in the internal storage. You can however root your device and download custom roms and all that jazz. I heard some lets you use your micro SD card to act as an internal storage. But I don't know much about it so you will have to research it yourself. Beware though, things like rooting and jailbreaking can damage your device. If you have a Windows phone, I do not know. So overall, you cannot but there are some ways around it.
John Lee wrote:

What phone do you have? If you have an iPhone, then no. You cannot increase the amount of inte...

Since your going to get a loaner phone soon, you should root and mod your Ace. I think the ace would be a perfect candidate for a SD swap 🙂
Userlevel 5
John Lee wrote:

What phone do you have? If you have an iPhone, then no. You cannot increase the amount of inte...

Tell me about it. It's literally hell with this phone.
John Lee wrote:

Yeah I had an Ace at one time too, I feel your pain.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Lee wrote:

Also if you use your external as your internal there are certain phone features needed that will not work properly so it's usually not the best thing to do. I'm not sure if this is for every phone you do that trick with but the 2 I've read up on don't have certain features working.
John Lee wrote:

Yeah its hit or miss. Best thing is my experience is hit up the xda forum for your device, and see what the word is there.