Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Inconing long distance

Can I receive collect calls to my S6?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't see why your phone model would affect your ability to receive collect calls. Your collect call provider would explain the set-up procedure.
Is it done as on landlines dialing 0+area code and phn number?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
me moi wrote:

Are you having troubles accepting collect calls? I'm not sure what the trouble is unless action is required on your part.
me moi wrote:

My providet is koodo..bern trying to reach thrm and given up after being on homd fkr over 2hrs just getting into system. Frustrating
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
me moi wrote:

To my knowledge, you cannot accept collect calls to a cellular phone.
me moi wrote:

Thsts what I'm trying to confirm..thank you. For sone reason this conversation got turned to just inconing and outgoing long distance calls. If ppl focused on subject and initial question..obvious you have..first strsight answer on subject yet
Anyine ever having tried making a collect call to someone's cell phn?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
me moi wrote:

Would this be a regular caller to you? Why not provide them a calling card? You could be the tester of collect calls, and have a friend try to call you.
me moi wrote:

Is out of eang for hid cell to call. Ub the bush. And only landline isn'table to call long distance if notva cokkect call. And woyld only be 2 -3 times
Userlevel 6
me moi wrote:

what? can we please try that again
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
me moi wrote:

It would be slightly easier to answer you if you took the trouble to spell check, me moi. If you want straight answers, you need to ask clear questions 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
me moi wrote:

@Sophia, I ran it through DavidTranslate, and got the following:
[i]Is out of eang for hid cell to call. Ub the bush. And only landline isn'table to call long distance if notva cokkect call. And woyld only be 2 -3 times

[He] is out of range for his cell [ular phone] to call, and the only landline isn't able to call long distance, if not a collect call. It would only be about 2 - 3 calls.

@me moi,
   Further research indicates you cannot receive a collect call to a cell phone, so:
       Has he any internet access?    Can he call toll-free numbers from the location? Then a calling card would work.     Have you access to a landline, even of a friend, which could receive a collect call and pass a message to you?
  • YOU could call him at a pre-chosen time.
Userlevel 6
me moi wrote:

OP could get a toll-free number, either with the big three (Rogers/Bell/Telus), or with a 3rd party VOIP provider. As long as the person making the collect call can dial out of a pay phone, they can call a toll-free number at no cost.