Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Incoming calls are going directly to voice mail

Have a samsung Galaxy s4 and incoming calls are going directly to voicemail and cannot send/receive sms until I restart phone. then will work for a while and problems start again. Anyone ideas, answers, help?

22 replies

Userlevel 3
There could be a number of reasons why this is happening. It could be a network issue. Weak signals sometimes can divert calls directly to voicemail. Also check if under Settings > Call settings > Voice call > Call forwarding that 'Always Forward' isn't active. You never know. For the SMS check if your internal memory is full. That could cause the problem. Move pictures, music to an SD card to free up space. If all that fails you may have to call koodo's technical assistance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Make sure you don't have the do not disturb options set to not allow calls or texts at a certain time either.
checked all options..do not disturb, call forward, call reject,spam etc..all is good..this is an intermittent problem that is temporarily fixed by restart or shut down phone..recently had a Samsung galaxy s2 and worked great, no network problems or weak signal..does koodo network not support this new phone/?...have friends with same phone, different provider and no problems...called koodo support and no solution...getting very frustrated
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lee Hunter wrote:

checked all options..do not disturb, call forward, call reject,spam etc..all is good..this is an ...

No I have the Galaxy S4 and have never had that issue or any issues what so ever with it. Did you get the phone from Koodo? What's the coverage like in your area? When it won't send texts or goes straight to email do you have any bars? Go to your settings and go to more settings then mobile networks then mobile operators and let it search for towers. When it finishes searching a list of cell providers will show up choose koodo and you will see better reception. Try that it may help. Let me know if if it does and star any answer that helps your issue as it will help other find the solution.
Userlevel 2
If the phone reset doesn't work out then take the sim out and insert it again. if that doesn't work then try a new sim card.
thanks will try all suggestions,,got the phone at Futureshop thru Koodo. Previously had a galaxy s2 thru koodo and had no network or connection problems whatsoever...it even happens at home with wifi and excellent strength..thanks to all
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you updated the software of the phone? If not go to Settings - about device - system updates - check for updates. Make sure your on wifi as the update is just over 300mb. *Do the update with a full battery while plugged in also*
Tried all suggestions and problem persists. It will work fine for a while when restarted or shutdown, but problem returns. Raza said reset phone, exactly how and if I pull sim as suggested, do I shut off phone first or leave it on? thanx
Userlevel 1
Lee Hunter wrote:

Tried all suggestions and problem persists. It will work fine for a while when restarted or shutd...

I have the same problem with Samsung note 2 got another phone from koodo and new sim card it is better but still happens. Had an s2 before and no problem. I think it is the mini sim cards??
Userlevel 7
Lee Hunter wrote:

Tried all suggestions and problem persists. It will work fine for a while when restarted or shutd...

The issue you're having with your Note 2 is software related. If worse comes to worse, you can always do a factory reset of the phone, just be sure to back up any data that you don't want to lose.
Userlevel 1
Lee Hunter wrote:

I find it strange I received a replacement from Koodo that has been checked over and it still does it.
Userlevel 7
Lee Hunter wrote:

Some android phones have a slight glitch within the software which causes them to shut off randomly. I have a Nexus 4 and it has done that before plenty on an older version of Android. People have issues with a certain build of 4.4 KitKat. And the Note 2 has KitKat 4.4.2 as the current software version which is the one that has had a fair amount of problems. I know that when my Nexus 4 got the update to 4.4.4 I have not had any problems with it since. But it's hard to say if the Note 2 is going to receive any further updates. Otherwise if you know how to root your phone that may be an option for you as well.
Userlevel 1
Lee Hunter wrote:

But the Koodo rep said the refurbished phones have been fully checked and do not have problems. I have my second phone and getting a new sim card seems to have helped. But the problem is still present.
Userlevel 7
Lee Hunter wrote:

If that is the case then it is an issue with the software, like I said with the newer version of KitKat it has been effecting people in regards to having issues with cell service as well as problems with WiFi connections. They check to make sure that there is nothing wrong hardware wise and make sure that they have been updated to the newest version of software. Did you receive the phone in the mail or did you get it at a store? If you have done it over the phone and received it in the mail then you may have to contact tech support and see if they can troubleshoot the issue and go from there. In the end they may have to send you another phone. I'm not a Koodo rep, I'm a customer just like yourself and that's what I'd recommend. Better to be safe than sorry.
Badge +4
Try a full factory reset or (wipe data/factory reset). I've never had an issue leaving the SIM card in while the phone goes through the factory reset process, but as a precaution, carefully remove the SIM card. If you're still experiencing the same problem, you may want to exchange the device. S4 Factory reset - two methods: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G77QEe-0Wfw
Userlevel 1
rikkster wrote:

Try a full factory reset or (wipe data/factory reset). I've never had an issue leaving the SIM ca...

I find it strange I received a replacement from Koodo that has been checked over.
Are the contacts in a contact group by any chance? I found that if I added any contacts to a group when they called me they were diverted straight to answer machine, but when I removed them from the groups they could call me fine.
I did factory reset and restarted phone multiple times, it started working again.
Userlevel 1
I have received 2 replacement phones from Koodo and still have the same problem. I received a new Sim card and it lessened the problem but it still happens
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Download the free Signal Meter app by Lakshman from the google play store. Running this will give you a good indication if the problem is related to a poor signal. You can read the values directly in -dB units. As long as you are reading higher than -100, you should be able to make/receive calls without incident. Key in #21# then send on your keypad to turn OFF call forwarding. In Settings=>Mobile networks =>Network mode=> try switching to any one of the options to see if there is an improvement. In Settings => Mobile networks => Network operators => try switching to another option. Lastly, some more reading: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/samsung_galaxy_s4_4_4_2_connectivity_issue
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Download the free Signal Meter app by Lakshman from the google play store. Running this will giv...

P.S. To test for connectivity, you can send yourself a short text to push yourself awake on the network.
Userlevel 1
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Download the free Signal Meter app by Lakshman from the google play store. Running this will giv...

Yes I have done these things and that seems to help.sometimes sending the text takes awhile to go through. My concern is that 3 of the same phones do this and my girlfriend is on Koodo and her different phone works great. I had the same problem with another koodo phone and until they discontinued it Koodo would not admit it was garbage. Once discontinued they said it one of the worst phones they ever had