Koodo Community
Question

Incoming callers get a busy signal

• 27 March 2020
  • 8 replies

I have pulled my SIM card and reset my network settings several times. My phone will work for one call, sometimes 2 and then it goes back to a constant busy signal. Then I do this all over again. Sometimes I have to pull my SIM card 3 or 4 times, waiting 15 minutes each time before putting it back in.

I’ve had the phone for a few months and it was working fine until this week. How can I stop this!?!?!?!?

Trying to work from home is a nightmare if clients can’t reach me.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does your SIM card do the same thing in another phone?&

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Where are you located?

Hello there

I don’t have another phone that will work with this tiny little SIM card.

I’m in London Ontario and just started having these issues this week.

The phone worked great until now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello there

I don’t have another phone that will work with this tiny little SIM card.

I’m in London Ontario and just started having these issues this week.

The phone worked great until now.

Is it for all numbers?  Or certain numbers?

Are you getting busy signals calling out or are your callers getting busy signals calling you in?

Newly (yesterday) transfered number to my Koodo account. Since then I cannot call in to my phone, I get a busy tone. I have tried removing and replacing the SIM card, tried replacing my old SIM card (which is still active) and then putting back the Koodo SIM card, stil cannot call my number. Outgoing and SMS is fine.

I also installed the Koodo SIM in an old phone and got the same result: I can call out but incoming calls get a busy tone.

Userlevel 7

@Michel819 If your old SIM card is still active, it means that the transfer has not completed successfully. That also explains why you cannot call in to your phone.

To verify the number transfer status, check your self serve account to see which phone number (koodo temporary number or transferred old number) is registered.

Sorry! I should have been clearer: the old SIM card is not related at all to this matter. On my self-serve account, the number is the one that was transfered yesterday and is the right one.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7

Note that the full transfer may take from 4 hours (for a cell phone transfer) and up to to 2 days (landline) See https://www.koodomobile.com/setup