Koodo Community

Community

Solved

In Uk and international texting won't work to other family members here in UK also. Add on is activated. return to canada on 13 july

In Uk and international texting won't work to other family members here in UK also. Add on is activated. We return to canada on 13 july

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Make sure your free international roaming add-ons (the free one that enable roaming) are on. Check in self-serve via the browser or app. Anything thing is to make sure your phone isn't auto changing country code prefixes if you're just selecting contacts from your contact list.
I've tried everything to be able to send texts using the add on ..... nothing has worked. i should not be charged $15 for no service.
Userlevel 5
Terry Ripley wrote:

I've tried everything to be able to send texts using the add on ..... nothing has worked. i shou...

Hi Terry,

You were not able to use the add-on? Please let us know. We'll see what we can do for you. Thanks!
Terry Ripley wrote:

I've tried everything to be able to send texts using the add on ..... nothing has worked. i shou...

I am back home in Vancouver now - my add on did not work once - I was in UK for 4 days for a funeral and could not contact any of my family in the UK at the same time.  I have been charged $15 for nothing and I am most unhappy.
Terry Ripley wrote:

I am having the same problem in Barcelona for the last 4 days. I am also most unhappy that I am not getting what I paid for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Terry Ripley wrote:

Did you enable international voice roaming in self-serve ? Is roaming turned on in your phone settings? Do you show as connected to a local network? Restart your phone and pull your Sim card out and in again. How are you dialing numbers wh you try to text/call?
Terry Ripley wrote:

Yes to all of that, but I still get a notice that the message is undeliverable. I am calling a cell phone in Canada w +1 in front of the 604 area code.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Terry Ripley wrote:

I'm kind of at a loss. What phone do you have ? Are you connected to 3g or lte? As a stopgap alternative you can use Fongo or Textnow to call/ text via wi-fi or get a local Sim card and get data at 10 euros per GB on average and use that.
Terry Ripley wrote:

I have an iPhone 6+.  Frankly, I have run out of patience with Koodo on this.  It should be an easy thing to do, and it isn't.  It's just easier to get a sim card, or use WiFi when I can, and I will be looking for a refund from Koodo when I get home.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Terry Ripley wrote:

Hello Phil.

Very sorry to hear that you're unable to use your add-on. I never had a problem while travelling.

Are you sure you're connected to a network? Can you upload a screenshot of your phone by pressing the home + unlock button?
Terry Ripley wrote:

You should get Koodo to unlock your phone and just get a local sim card.

With the amount of time you are spending in the UK, it makes more economical sense.