Koodo Community

Community

Solved

In Mexico and phone will not connect to network

I have an LG G4. So does my boyfriend. We are on the same plan through Koodo and both purchased the international texting for our time down here. He has connected and been able to text right away. My phone will not connect. I have matched my settings to his. I have tried restarting my phone. I have tried turning airplane mode on and off. Still not connecting. I have emailed Koodo directly but I was hoping someone on here might know. Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Helle Jenifer.

Have you added the free international roaming package from self serve? Is data roaming enabled on your phone?

Here's how to add the free international roaming packages. There's two of them : 

Connect to sell serve and go to your add-ons

Click to change the add-ons

Search for 1) International Voice Roaming and 2) International Data Roaming

Yes I have that but still cannot connect
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Jenifer, what phone do you have? Did you receive Koodo's roaming text when arriving in Mexico?
Robert wrote:

Hello Jenifer, what phone do you have? Did you receive Koodo's roaming text when arriving in Mexico?

I have an LG G4 and no I have not received that text. My boyfriend has the exact same phone and has received that text and can send and receive texts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Try manually searching for the network
  1. From the home screen, tap the Apps icon.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Under the Networks tab, scroll to and tap More.
  4. Tap Mobile networks.
  5. Tap Network operators.
  6. Tap Search network.
  7. Tap the required network 
The network has been manually selected.