Koodo Community

Community

If Tab L isn't going to change any time soon, then offer a $50 Tab L plan with Unlimited talk and no data

Userlevel 7
If Koodo isn't going to change how Tab L works like Dennis suggested, then I propose a new Tab L plan: $50 (plus $10 for Tab charge) for Unlimited talk, text, and Call display/Voicemail with pay per use data. Bell now offers a similar "premium" subsidy (and a better phone selection) with an identical $60 plan (except no international texts so Koodo wins there) and it's working; I did a new Bell activation on an S4 last week because it was $0 down and he didn't need data so it worked out for him. I can't remember the last time someone signed up on a new activation on BELL?? I think this could be a big benefit to customers. Agree?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Since Bell did it first, of course they are now
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Since Bell did it first, of course they are now

I'm actually shocked Bell did it first. I was expecting Telus to lead with that since they've been leaders before.
Userlevel 6
I don't know anyone who doesn't need data. I know lots of people though who wish to avoid paying for it (wi-fi) or pay as little as possible. It seems koodo now have a 5gb plan with unlimited talk, text etc. that can be had for $85 after your 10% off discount. It's better than anyone else's I can see on the market, at least for now. So, that guy may have been interested after all if he had this avaialble.
Userlevel 7
Chris Petersens wrote:

I don't know anyone who doesn't need data. I know lots of people though who wish to avoid paying ...

Your first and second sentences contradict each other lol aren't they the same thing? That's exactly who I'm talking about. They want a really good phone and pay less but don't want data. This plan should exist.
Userlevel 4
Instead of a new plan for Tab L....just get rid of Tab L altogether. No one liked it from the get go. The fact that it's lasted this long is amazing.
Userlevel 1
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Instead of a new plan for Tab L....just get rid of Tab L altogether. No one liked it from the get...

I would still like to get phones on a $500 subsidy though 😞 getting rid of Tab L completely would remove that and it would make new $700 value phones up to $450 up front on a plan. I like how Tab L is easier for the upfront price, but the whole point of this new idea is to make the Tab L less of a ripoff on the monthly bill. 🙂
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Instead of a new plan for Tab L....just get rid of Tab L altogether. No one liked it from the get...

I'm sure there is another way to allow that. I just don't like the tab L plans. Pretty sure that is the same for most people lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Tab L is worse in the long run. I don't understand why lowering the upfront price is more important than spending less overall. Aren't we credit dependent enough?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Get rid of the Tab L plan, and just have a larger Tab L charge
Userlevel 5
Hey Jonathan, I just wanted to follow up on this. We looked into it further and sent it off to our broader team. From a business perspective, it's something we can't afford to change.
Userlevel 7
Sumaya K. wrote:

Hey Jonathan, I just wanted to follow up on this. We looked into it further and sent it off t...

That sounds like an excuse considering Bell, of all the carriers, allowed this and they offer a bigger phone selection too. Thanks for looking at it anyway. Bell actually just removed this feature a few weeks ago anyway so I guess we're back to the drawing board...