Koodo Community

Community

Solved

if my lost phone is dead can it be tracked

6 replies

Userlevel 7
You can find its last position by logging into google device manager. If the phone is dead though, you'll only see its last known position. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...
Chad Burr wrote:

You can find its last position by logging into google device manager. If the phone is dead though...

This is a great service i had a rely within minutes 

i tried the device manager it says location is unavailable yesterday it said last used at 12 06 am but it doesnt say that today

Is it the chip that is tracked or the phone itself

Userlevel 7
irish eyes wrote:

i tried the device manager it says location is unavailable yesterday it said last used at 12 06 a...

It's the phone itself.
Userlevel 7
irish eyes wrote:

i tried the device manager it says location is unavailable yesterday it said last used at 12 06 a...

BTW now that it's dead I recommend you log into self serve and report the phone as lost. This will deactivate your sim and keep people who may find your phone from using your prepaid balance up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
irish eyes wrote:

And in the meanwhile, FWIW, you can continue to use ADM to see if you can ping your device later. It's unfortunately very limited compared to say BB Protect, but maybe you can get lucky.