Koodo Community

Community

Solved

If I upgrade my phone on my Koodo Pre-Paid, do I lose my 10% BYOD discount?

Userlevel 2
I am planning on buying a new phone, outright, will I lose my 10% BYOD discount?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nope! Prepaid offers 10% on auto top up, nothing to do with the phone you use. Trust me... I change phones all the time 😃
Sophia, can I change my phone to a different one, as long as it is unlocked? And not having to buy new through Koodo. I prefer to pick up used ones online. Thanks, Jimisand
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jimi San wrote:

Sophia, can I change my phone to a different one, as long as it is unlocked? And not having to bu...

Yes, absolutely! I do that all the time... you are not tied to Koodo in that respect at all 🙂 All you need to do is insert your SIM card in your new phone - or even change SIM cards if it takes another size.
Jimi San wrote:

Sophia, can I change my phone to a different one, as long as it is unlocked? And not having to bu...

Sophia i have purchased a new ASUS zenfone 2 and inserted the new prepaid sim card, but it doesn't give me anywhere to update the IMEI number of my new phone
any suggestions would be very appreciated

Userlevel 7
Jimi San wrote:

Hey Shawn. You actually don't need to update your IMEI when you change phones 🙂