Koodo Community
Question

if i have a problem with my phone would koodo be able to help me?

• 17 June 2013
  • 6 replies

For example, my charging point of my Samsung Galaxy S2x is not working properly and it is driving me crazy because i do not know how i would be able to charge my phone again. I have checked to see if it was my charger but my charger works fine with other Samsung galaxies phones. I really do not know what to do. I got this phone last year decemeber.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi, I had the same problem and had to resort to an external charger. Here is a link to the discussion, you'll find the answers to all your questions about what can be done. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/anyone_have_any_experience_with_external_battery_chargers
If the port isn't physically damaged, it may still be under warranty. Your warranty on the phone is with Samsung though not with koodo, so you'd have to contact Samsung about the matter. I personally do not know how to file a warranty claim with Samsung, but I'm sure other forum members could provide further assistance 🙂 Also if it does not fall under warranty there may be a way to get it fixed by either Samsung or a third party company. On a side note, you said you have had this phone since last December, how much do you have left on your tab? You could always purchase a pre-owned (or new) phone from Koodo, or purchase an unlocked phone elsewhere as long as it can connect to HSPA+ at 850/1900 MHz 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If the port isn't physically damaged, it may still be under warranty. Your warranty on the phone ...Koodo facilitates warranty service so you'd need to contact Koodo to get the ball rolling. Broken charger ports are considered physical damage and usually aren't covered Repairs to these devices are usually more costly than replacing them. An external charger will run around 12$ and are a great alternative.
If the port isn't physically damaged, it may still be under warranty. Your warranty on the phone ...Perfect! Thank you Chad. I didn't realize it would be that expensive to repair a seemingly small part (very important, but small) of the phone :s
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If the port isn't physically damaged, it may still be under warranty. Your warranty on the phone ...Hey Now! Happy Answering! See you around.
Thank you Guys for the quick reply They were so helpful!!