Koodo Community

Community

Solved

i would like to switch my land line phone number to my cell phone. Is it possible? and will it cost me anything?

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want to switch your land line to your existing cell and surrender the cell number then that's a simple number porting which Koodo can do. Send Koodo a private message on their Facebook page. Those reps have access to your account and can give you the details.

If you want to maintain BOTH numbers on the one cell phone, it's a little more expensive and complicated. You would have to port your landline to a VoIP service such as CallCentric or Fongo and have them forward those calls to the cell number. You would have to check with the VoIP provider for their porting and forwarding charges, if any.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

If you want to switch your land line to your existing cell and surrender the cell number then tha...

If you're simply looking to port your number to the cellphone, you can do so on self serve without even needing to call koodo. Be aware, though, that porting a landline typically takes about two business days to complete. Outgoing calls will show the new number immediately, but until the port completes incoming calls will still ring through to the landline.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

If you want to switch your land line to your existing cell and surrender the cell number then tha...

I did a silly thing, set up my new Koodo cell got a number, then immediately asked for my old land line to be ported, as you said incoming calls will not work yet but I did not take note of the original koodo cell# I was allotted, am I right that calls will work to that number until the land line is ported? , but how do I find out what that number was/is?  Thank you so much.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

@Terry, you can find your initial number on your Koodo contract (the pdf or paper when you signed up), it was likely there.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

I activated on line and cannot see anything I was emailed that resembles what you refer to,thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

This is strange, then you would have to contact Koodo directly (call or facebook messaging) to ask for it.
Btw, the porting is not that troublesome everytime, some porting could take just a few minutes to 1,2 hours.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Incoming calls will continue to come to the landline until the port completes.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Thanks Timo-Until the port is done I need to know the original pH3 Koodo assigned to get incoming calls

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

No you don't. That number was gone the minute you ported the landline number to that line. To get incoming calls, you will need to plug a handset into the original landline jack. Once the port completes, calls will then be routed to koodo's system instead.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Thanks, how soon will it be ported do you think or that I might be told it cannot?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Landline ports typically take 2-3 business days to complete, as they do require that a technician be dispatched by the landline provider to physically remove wires.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Thank you for your wonderful help

BobTheElectrician wrote:

Timo, do Koodo email me or anything once it is activated? Or do I just wait until phoning the number rings my cell !
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

AFAIK, you should receive a text message from koodo once the port is complete. If it's been longer than 3 business days you can follow up with Koodo, they might be able to push things, but they won't be able to do much until at least that much time has elapsed.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Thank you Timo, Koodo seems to be difficult to connect with unless it costs a person money, I totally get the reason Koodo exists, its a cheap easy to use idea for people like me who want to spend minimum, my wife has had Koodo for 3 years, loves its simplicity.  I knew nothing about porting and its 12 years since I had a cell, how things have changed !