Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I want to transfer ownership for my phone from my dad to me.

I want to transfer ownership for my phone from my dad to me. He does not live in the same city as me. I've called the Koodo number and none of the categories covers this and I can't talk to a human being so what do I do? I want this dealt with today so I am not emailing.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
You don't really have an option besides calling in. After selecting your language, try hitting 0 a bunch of times to be transferred to a rep or if that doesn't work, go to an option about discussing your bill or changing/cancelling your account. Eventually you get through to a person.
Userlevel 5
Hey Jaz! What you are trying to do is called a transfer of ownership. Since the account is under your dad's name, he needs to call us in first (1-866-995-6636) and initiate the transfer. All he has to do is say that he wants the phone to be put under your name, and we will enter your name in the appropriate section in the account. To be able to initiate the transfer, the account has to have been active for more than 90 days and needs to be in good standing (no past due). Once the transfer is initiated, you will have 10 days to call us back and complete the transfer. We will do a credit check with you over the phone (please make sure that you have 2 pieces of ID from the following: credit card , SIN, drivers license) and if everything goes through, your line will be transfered from his name to your name.