Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I want to transfer my old phone number.

Hello. I just received my new phone and my koodo sim card. I cant transfer my old number. My koodo account says "Your phone number is in the process of being transferred - it is not possible to change your phone number at this time ". Please help

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Who is your old number with?  Did you recently get this number or was it moved/changed recently?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you set up your phone yet? Usually it either simply takes the SIM from your current phone, transferring your number automatically, or you are assigned a temporary number and can subsequently port your number from another provider.

If the SIM is a different size than in your old phone, you can just use the 'change phone' section of Self-serve to update the SIM card number with your new SIM number, and you account info will be transferred to recognize the new SIM.

Its an old number from virgin.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gil wrote:

You will probable need to contact Virgin to see if something is up with the number
Gil wrote:

It is prepaid phone number from virgin mobile
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gil wrote:

You will need to contact Virgin or if you contacted koodo and they offered to do it over the phone for you, since you are unable to complete this on self serve, then it should not cost the $10.
It is a prepaid number from virgin mobile.
Userlevel 6
Duplicate thread?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

Duplicate thread?

This was the original thread