Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I want to learn about Android OS

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm testing out a new Android phone, and am looking to learn more about this OS. Have you folks any suggestions of a good reference site to lessen the learning curve? The more "hands on" the better. Thanks!

6 replies

Youtube, honestly will be the most user friendly, and offer the most styles of teaching and learning. I recommend getting yourself a device to play around with that is recent, and just go crazy, try settings out and everything. Most Android settings will tell you when they are on, or even give a description. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jordano wrote:

Youtube, honestly will be the most user friendly, and offer the most styles of teaching and learn...

Thanks, Jordano. I'm hoping to gain deeper knowledge than I would with self-discovery. Have you any You-Tube publishers you prefer, or do you just recommend searching for a topic?
Jordano wrote:

Youtube, honestly will be the most user friendly, and offer the most styles of teaching and learn...

If you want to have a nice tutorial experience, I prefer Android Authority to keep me up to date with all things Android. That and any other major channels that speak well are going to deliver easy to follow information. If you are unsure of anything else just YouTube an instructional video of that specifically.
Userlevel 7
Hi, As Jordano said, Youtube is the best way to learn the Android system as you get to see visually what is going on as it is being explained! It will always depend on what phone you are using tho, as the OS changes a bit depending who manufactured your phone. For quick tips here and there, check out CNET, they have how-to's for pretty much anything you would want to do, if you have a modern popular phone that is. Another way just to keep up to date with changes and new features and developments in the world of Android is to take a look at the XDA forums. Hope this helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What Android device are testing out exactly?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

What Android device are testing out exactly?

Galaxy S6 Edge.