Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I want to know how come I was charged $5.00 for using 0.03 mb of data

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Carm, data is charged in blocks so no matter if you use 0.1mb or the full amount in the block of data you are charged the full amount specified for that block of data. Example $5/100mb
This is so confusing I can use 10 mb and be charged nothing. Also how can I understand what the phone was doing at the time it was charged.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carm Moscarello wrote:

This is so confusing I can use 10 mb and be charged nothing. Also how can I understand what the p...

Settings > Data usage
This can give you an idea of which apps are using data but there is no detailed log since multiple apps could be using data at the same time.

Data leakage can be unfortunate since it is difficult to control.  Email, social media, even the weather app can use data in the background when your phone is asleep.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carm Moscarello wrote:

This is so confusing I can use 10 mb and be charged nothing. Also how can I understand what the p...

Carm, you could switch a newer plan with shock free data that will prevent these from happening and not let any data flow through once you reached your monthly allotment until you give it a green light. It's free to switch plans online.

Also, if you are looking at you last invoice the usage was over 100mb so if you didn't initiated an internet connection something in background definitely was using data.  
How do I know which is the newer plan. Does the shock free plan stop continuing data usage when it reaches 100 Mb.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carm Moscarello wrote:

How do I know which is the newer plan. Does the shock free plan stop continuing data usage when i...

Any of the plans on the Koodo website are a newer plan.
https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans
And yes, you will receive a text once you reach your data limit telling you your data has been shut off and if you wish to keep using it to respond yes.
Carm Moscarello wrote:

How do I know which is the newer plan. Does the shock free plan stop continuing data usage when i...

Thank you