Koodo Community

Community

I want to change my previous number to my old landline number

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You speak of both in the past tense. If you do not currently have a line with the number you want, you cannot transfer or port something that you don't have. If this isn't the case, could you please clarify?
Oops current number to a previous landline which isn't yet in use and has been deactivated for over 8 months
I was told since I deactivated that I had to wait a certain amount of time before the number became eligible again I was just wondering how someone was supposed to go about doing it now that the number has been unused for almost a year
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Here's extra details: http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm In general you would contact the provider you wish to switch to and they will simply port the number over.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The number should just go back into the availability pool once unused. I'm not sure of how to guarantee to get it back. I know that there are provided that will look up a specific number for a price.
I heard something about having to have a landline active before changing it to a mobile number do you know anything about having to go that route or if it number isn't used can it be used directly to a mobile line even if it was a landline previously and if there is a charge for it what kind of ball park would it be I'd be willing to go that route
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Makes sense that jt would have to be active. Otherwise it's sitting in the available numbers pool.landlines numbers are completely locked to location so it makes sense thatit would have to be active for you to be able to port it. You can always try the company you had the landline with to see options.