Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I want to buy a new phone ASUS ZenFone 2 (Deluxe ZE551ML),, with the following network caracteristics

Userlevel 4
I want to buy a new phone with the following network caracteristics:2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz 3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz 4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2100MHz . Would it work with Koodo?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes it will. LTE speeds might be hit or miss but otherwise it will function just fine.
Userlevel 4
Jonathan I wrote:

Yes it will. LTE speeds might be hit or miss but otherwise it will function just fine.

I am a chemist and do not know very much about phones. What do you mea with:"LTE speeds might be hit or miss"? Cheers.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

The device as you listed it lacks the proper frequencies to pickup the highest data speeds available however you would get midrange speeds which for most people is fine. Are you sure of the specs you posted? Unless this device was originally from China or India it should have all the specs to handle North America.
Userlevel 4
Jonathan I wrote:

You are right this device is sold by bestgear. com, China.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

You should be able to find this device in North America with all the proper frequencies.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Userlevel 4
Jonathan I wrote:

I thank all of you guys for the useful information.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Except Verizon, US cellular, and Sprint phones won't usually work on Koodo. You should really strike through those lines to use this chart. AT&T for sure works and most T-Mobile devices will too.
Userlevel 7
Canada Computers and Staples both sell the device. I'm curious as to why you'd be willing to wait at least 3 weeks shipping from China when you could just buy it like, this afternoon and have it in your hands the same day?
Userlevel 4
I am learning. Cheers.