Koodo Community

Community

I used my friends debit card to purchase my phone will they get charged with my monthly bill

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No they will not. You're responsible to pay the bill through self serve yourself
Robert wrote:

No they will not. You're responsible to pay the bill through self serve yourself

How long before my new phone arrives in the mail?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

That I don't know! You should put your order number in here OR make another thread asking this question. An employee will mostly come and answer your question.
So even though I used it and it didnt need any payment at all just the 17.25 fpr monthly charge with the phone I got with the medium tab his card definitely will not be charged with anything?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you just open your account or you already had monthly account?
Do you have your account under your name or your friends? (Did they run a credit check on you?)

If you open an account under the friends name, then your friend is responsible to pay the bill.
I'm not sure you used your friends debit card to buy a phone on the tab.
No it's under my name just used his card and his address for the order. Is that still fine? The phone is under my name with my self serve just wanted to make sure he wasnt gonna get charged with my Bill every month because I used his card to upgrade my phone online.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kaitie Marie wrote:

No it's under my name just used his card and his address for the order. Is that still fine? The p...

That's fine so long as it's still your name and your account and such. You'd need to setup billing in your account for him to get charged regularly.
Kaitie Marie wrote:

No it's under my name just used his card and his address for the order. Is that still fine? The p...

Okay thank you so much for your help guys! You really helped me relax easier 🙂