Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I used a local sim card overseas,Now with my regular one back in I show no service.Have inserted sim and battery several times with no luck

I was overseas and used a local sim card. Now when I put my regular one back in I show no service. I have reinserted sim several times and reinserted battery with no luck

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did your plan expire while you were away? Is there another phone you can test the SIM in? Have you checked the Carrier settings to confirm it is on Automatic?
David wrote:

Did your plan expire while you were away? Is there another phone you can test the SIM in? Have ...

my plan did not expire.  i don't have another phone to test it in.   how do i check the carrier settings?
Userlevel 1
Check if your sim still has service
Macadacious wrote:

Check if your sim still has service

no it has not had service since I returned on Sunday.

Userlevel 1
Ask for a new sim, my koodo sim didnt work after i didnt used it for a week and it worked after i got a new replacement at a store
Badge +4
Here are a few things to try. Go to: Settings > Mobile networks > Network operators - select Search networks. Select Koodo when it appears in the list. You'll see a confirmation message 'registered on network'. If the phone is registered on the network and you're still experiencing network issues, go to: Settings > Mobile networks > Access Point Names - depending on the Android version, tap 'More' or the menu icon (three dots) and select reset to default Android 6.0 only. If the above method didn't work, try resetting network settings. Go to: Settings > Back up and reset > Reset network settings > Reset Settings > Reset Settings, Note: This will reset all network settings, including those for: Wi-Fi, cellular data and Bluetooth. Keep us posted.
thank you for all your suggestions.  I don't know why after 3 days it suddenly decided to work again without me having to try any of this (I think it was telling me my holiday was finally over….)  But I will definitely keep all this in case it happens again after my next trip!