Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I sent my phone to Koodo to be fixed, but they have not contacted me back after a year.

Hi, Is anyone else having issues with Koodo service regarding sending a phone into Koodo to be repaired? because I sent my phone into Koodo to be fixed, but they have not contacted me about the situation, so now I am stuck with a phone they gave me that has not been working, so now I am wondering if I should call or email them about this, because I really miss my old phone, if anyone can shed some light on this topic please drop a reply.

14 replies

Userlevel 4
How was the repair done? Did you drop it off at a kiosk? Did you call Koodo about it then received a phone within 3 - 5 business days?
I called them and then they asked me to mail in my phone via UPS.
Userlevel 4
Josh wrote:

Did you receive a replacement phone first or get any return envelopes?
Josh wrote:

I got a replacement phone as well as a box with mailing stickers at the same time.
Userlevel 4
Josh wrote:

Then you won't get your phoen back. What happened is a Priority Replacement. That is the repair process where you get a phone by Purolator within 3 - 5 business days and you send your phone back. You do not get your plahone back with that process. Feel free to call Koodo to confirm but based on what you said, I am almost certain that the PRE is the case.
Josh wrote:

that sucks, cause when they sent the replacement phone i noticed a month later that it was damaged, so now when i text there is a delay with my finger touching the letter, but i have to tap it a few times before it finally works. so I guess I should just call them about it due to the fact I cannot use my phone properly.
Userlevel 4
Josh wrote:

Yes. They can see about roubleshooting the best they can and go over other options for repair and/or replacement on the current phone you have. 1-566-995-6636 option 6. if possible, do not call from the cell phone. If you have to, dial *611
Yess I would call them for sure!..tell them your problem..and I would not stop callung them until I was given a satisfactory answer and a new phone!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ShannonMarieMuise wrote:

Yess I would call them for sure!..tell them your problem..and I would not stop callung them unti...

So your saying bug them until they give you what you want? This is terrible advice. He was given a replacement phone and the process was complete he just misunderstood the process, there is nothing else that can be done or should be done.
Userlevel 4
ShannonMarieMuise wrote:

Yess I would call them for sure!..tell them your problem..and I would not stop callung them unti...

This is the reason you all have noticed me sort of losing it on here lately....That is the type of attitude that will make an agent do nothing. Just because a person pushed for what they want, doesn't mean they will get it. There are policies in place for credits, new phone purchases, irate situation. Out of all the things a person can do (I was guilty of it myself. I'm not perfect) harassing the cell provider is the worst thing to do and it [b]CAN get you banned from calling said provider.
yeah I will try to contact them tomorrow. it is just I thought they would have at least emailed me to let me know it was already fixed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you were sent a replacement phone and told to send the old one back the replacement is yours to keep. This is called a priority replacement exchange, and it means that you will not be getting your old phone back.
thanks everyone for the help 🙂
Userlevel 7
Josh wrote:

thanks everyone for the help :)

If you bought the ORIGINAL phone less than a year ago, you can still send in the current phone for warranty repair. If it has been more than a year, you're out of luck