Koodo Community

Community

I put my SIM card in my S$ bc my S5.5 is broken. The S$ is not recognizing the SIM

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you referring to the Gionee Elife S5.5? As well what is the other phone you are referring to, S$? Do they have the same sim card slot size? Have you tried restarting your phone?
Allan wrote:

Are you referring to the Gionee Elife S5.5? As well what is the other phone you are referring to,...

Sry, that is supposed to say S4. They are the same sized SIM. I have done it before with a SIM from and Samsung 5.5 into the Samsung 4 and it worked. This time, it says "Unregistered SIM" 

Allan wrote:

Are you referring to the Gionee Elife S5.5? As well what is the other phone you are referring to,...

Both my son and I had S5.5 phones, both upgraded from S4's. I broke my S5.5 and simply put my SIM into my S4 and it worked. My son recently dropped his S5.5 and it stopped working. So I put the SIM into his old S4 and it won't work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Samsung does not have an S5.5. They have the S5, S5 neo, mini, sport, active, plus, etc.
Is the old S4 locked with Koodo or is it unlocked? If you try another sim card in it does that work?
Allan wrote:

Neo.... It is with Koodo
Allan wrote:

I haven't tried another SIM card, I don't have one try 
Allan wrote:

The whole situation is no different then when I broke my S5.5 Neeo and put my SIM in my S4 and it worked. 

Allan wrote:

Why are you calling  it the S5.5 it's an S5 neo 
Obviously it's not going to work if you broke your phone!
It may have even shocked the Sim
Allan wrote:

Clearly I'm not trying to put it in the broken phone. Talk about obvious. Perhaps you should re-read what I have posted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Did you try restarting the phone like i mentioned above? What avid was saying is that the phone was broken with the sim card in it so the sim may have been damaged at the same time the phone was.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Did you try restarting the phone like i mentioned above? What avid was saying is that the phone was broken with the sim card in it so the sim may have been damaged at the same time the phone was.
Allan wrote:

I did try rebooting it, Allan. I removed the SIM card 3 times and rebooted the phone each time. Had to, the battery has to come out to insert the SIM. Yes, that didn't occur to me but is possible, that the card was damaged. Thank you so much, Allan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

You can take it to your closest Koodo retailer and get them to test the sim for you if you would like. If it doesn't work there you can purchase a new one. And no problem, have a great day!
Allan wrote:

If it is a Galaxy S4, it is very common for the sim IC to fail after a couple of years. If it reads at times and stops reading and asks you to reboot, then i'm afriad the issue is internal. Source: Google