Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I purchased an international unlocked phone but won't work

I purchased an international unlocked phone ht17 but won't work, even though description from manufacturer indicates it will work on our network. Here are the network details from the manufacturer... Anyone have any ideas? Network Type WCDMA, GSM, FDD-LTE Band Band (2G): GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz Band (3G): WCDMA 900/2100MHz Band (4G): FDD-LTE: 835/1800/2100

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo uses 850/1900 mhz for 3g. The site was mistaken. For future reference willmyphonework.net is generally very reliable to determine if just about any phone will work on just about any carrier worldwide.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sadly, your phone won't work. Koodo does not support 2G (GSM) bands, and for HSPA it needs 850/1900. LTE needs 1700/2100. Your phone would only work with Rogers/Fido etc I'm afraid.
Thank you for the info, it's a great phone, maybe it's time to change carriers
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Up to you. Keep in mind no carrier in Canada currently uses those LTE bands. Also no one uses 900/2100 in Canada. You will only have 2g with rogers/Fido. I don't think that you would have a good user experience on 2g just to use a random phone. Data would be 256 kbps. Feel free to leave koodo but I'd pick a better reason than to suffer like that.