Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I need my Bill of Sale for my phone.

I need to get my bill of sale for my LG Nexus, which was purchased through Koodoo. I cannot find this information on my billing page as it does not go back that far. The phone has glitches since the latest update and LG won't repair it without my bill of sale. Help.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You would have received your bill of sale when you got your phone. Also if it's only been since the last update then there's not a hardware issue and when the next version of Android is pushed in 2 months it will be fixed so if you don't have the bill of sale you could just wait it out since the phones still usable. Have you tried performing a factory reset of the device it will fix alot of issues one has after an update. Keep in mind to back up your info first as the factory reset will wipe the device and it will be trike the day you got it.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

You would have received your bill of sale when you got your phone. Also if it's only been since t...

The phone is completely unable to turn on and the factory reset did not help. Koodoo employees said that they have seen this happening and that the phone needed to go back to LG. apparently it is the only way to fit it. I don't have my bill of sale it was a couple years ago.. I am trying to find a copy of it on the koodoo website but can't seem to find it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you contact LG directly for repair? If you bought a phone from Koodo, they can send it for repair without bill of sale. Koodo has the information about your phone if you bought it from them. Also they can tell you if you can use warranty repair or not at Koodo shop.
Userlevel 1
Try perfoming a factory restore: Power off the device. Press and hold power+volume down+volume up buttons. Then select restore using the volume keys and power button to select. If problems persist after performing a factory restore, you can try manually flashing the stock ROM by going to Google's website where they list all the stock firmwares for all Nexus devices, connecting your phone to the computer using ADB mode, then flashing it. Doing so will definitely fix your device. Search up YouTube or Google on a guide to manually flashing the stock firmware for you Nexus 5.
Just goto your phone teller they can print u out one
Thanks ... it was koodoo who I bought my phone from, which is why I thought I could find my bill of sale on web account - but I could not find anything earlier than 2014... the phone was purchased over 2 years ago. When I went to Koodoo in person they directed me to LG on my own and said they could not help me, as I have to send it in on my own. I was hoping to save another trip to the store by finding my bill of sale on my online account... but so far no luck. Koodoo charges $5 -$25 for over the phone or email customer service so if anyone knows how to find my bill of sale records using the online accounting with Koodoo I would be happy for that info. By the way customer service from LG has been the WORST... !! I can't fix this on my own... the employee at Koodoo tried to do factory reset and so did I. It is beyond my ability.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So if you bought your phone over 2 years ago, that means you can't use manufacturers warranty repair. So even if you send it to LG, it will cost you to fix it.
You should ask them how much it going to be with your phone issues
Then you should check local repair shop too. Compare price, store staffs, store warranty, how long to fix it...etc Add: Koodo doesn't charge you ask questions. And I don't think you can find a receipt / bill of sale record for your phone through self serve so you better ask them if they can re issue . They migh charge you to re-issue a receipt. I never done that so I don't know if it possible to re issue a receipt or not.
Extended warranty probably u probly needed factory firmware reinstalled total wipe easy to do if u not a newbi but most are im not if u really need help can probly direct u to the right places
apparently, LG is aware of this flaw in the Nexus 4 & 5 phones and have approved my phone for this free repair. They just need the Bill of Sale, which I can't seem to find on the Koodoo website.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lily Fawn wrote:

apparently, LG is aware of this flaw in the Nexus 4 & 5 phones and have approved my phone for thi...

Then I would call Koodo, explain your situation ( LG approved your phone for free repair) and ask them if they can re issue the Bill of Sale. I don't know if it possible as I mention above, but I would call customer service.
Lily Fawn wrote:

apparently, LG is aware of this flaw in the Nexus 4 & 5 phones and have approved my phone for thi...

Thanks.. I guess I will have to .. I was just trying to avoid the $5 charge for phoning customer service with Koodoo.
Lily Fawn wrote:

Koodo doesn't charge you anything to call and speak with them. Charges are only applicable for certain account modifications, which they would make you aware of before going forward.
U got the 4? 5 dont have that bug 4 does happened to me i my old 4 on nexus5 now works great so far cept few bug in apps cause all the changes lately
I have a nexus 4. I have only heard gossip that people with Nexus 5 were having problems also. If I had to get a new phone because of this... I am not sure if I should stay with LG. but Iphones are so expensive...
Userlevel 7
HolyHoundz wrote:

Comes to iphone witch are windows u need the antivirus and the get hacked alot androids the best

What happened to your dog?
Userlevel 1
HolyHoundz wrote:

Comes to iphone witch are windows u need the antivirus and the get hacked alot androids the best

"iPhone witch are Windows"? Please fix your grammar.