Koodo Community
Question

I Need Help With My Data Usage!!!!!!!!! ASAP

• 8 August 2013
  • 5 replies

I just got the Samsung galaxy ace2, from the galaxy ace--- Soooo not much different....I want to know why my usage has gone WAY WAY up!!!! I never even came close with my old phone and now im at 97% usage and not doing anything different. Is there a setting I need to disable/enable thats will my make usuage go back down??

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is your wifi working? If your wifi was setup on the old phone and not on the new phone then all updates, etc will be via Cellular Data
Userlevel 6
Check your Data Usage page on your phone & tell us which Apps are listed (the top 5 should be enough), that will assist us in recommending ways to reduce your Data usage.
Thanks unfortunately those arent the issues. I wasnt using wifi previously, always had data roaming on with the ace and still had minimal usage. I noticed that the ace 2 has two options for usage, mobile and data. Itscurrently on mobile, i guess my best option is to switch to the other and monitor it for a day or two and compare the difference. I dont feel i should have to reduce my usage, as im doing all the same things i did for over a year with my previous phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks unfortunately those arent the issues. I wasnt using wifi previously, always had data roami...Do why John said. It will give you an idea of what is eating up all your data. It could be something running or updating in the background that you are unaware about. Sometimes a small setting change makes a big difference