Koodo Community
Solved

I NEED HELP FIXING MY ANDROID PLEASE & THANK YOU!!

my android phone's screen went black and it said something about arm9 crash ?? and so now it wont turn on unless I plug it into the computer. and it also takes forever to charge and dies in like 5 minutes!! help me please.

11 replies

Userlevel 1
when leave it plugged into the computer and let it charge for a day.
Userlevel 7
Taylor Kirsten Currie wrote:

It still wont turn on if i charge it, guess ill have to keep plugging it in to the computer

:-)

It still wont turn on if i charge it, guess ill have to keep plugging it in to the computer

its been going on for acouple days, im getting a new phone next month. i just thought id try and fix this one before then. thx anyways:)
Userlevel 7

If the problem persists, I highly recommend getting a moto. It's the best cheap phone you can buy at the moment. although the price is very low, the moto g packs quite a punch performance-wise. The upgrade will be HUGE.
Hmmm, ok thx you guys ill try to reset my phone hopefully it works!! and b2theden when i plug it in its dead, it dies really fast but ill see if reseting it works. thx!:)
Userlevel 1
When you plug it into the computer and it turns on is it fully charged?
Userlevel 7
Ugh... a Chat? The keyboard was okay but you should seriously consider upgrading your device after this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ouch. That message is essentially equivalent to the windows "blue screen of death" and indicates a major crash of the OS. You can try a factory reset: • Take out battery, memory card and SIM • Put battery back in phone • Hold down the POWER/LOCK key + SEND key + DOWN VOLUME at the same time for approximately 10 seconds until phone starts to come on. • Phone will reset as it comes on. • Release the buttons as the phone comes on. it'll wipe the phone but it may get it working again.
Chad Burr wrote:

Can you be really specific about the crash error message and what phone you have?

well the screen went black, little white writing at the top said error arm9 crash , thats all i saw and something about pushing the volume bottons.. not to sure and i have an lg optimus chat ,
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you be really specific about the crash error message and what phone you have?