Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I miss the Koodo App. Any chance that it will make a come back?

Koodo App

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Lisa, as of right now Koodo has no intentions of bring back the Koodo app especially since they just discontinued it. Set up a browser shortcut to the web based version on your Homescreen, that's the best you'll get unless there's a huge demand for the app to return.
Userlevel 6
Unfortunately, no. It was mainly used by people to check their data usage. The website is now completely mobile friendly, and you can make a desktop shortcut directly to it, as Paul stated above.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would be very happy if Koodo can create a simple app just to display usage.

I don't need information on billing, rateplan and other detail like selfserve.
Userlevel 6
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

That's a good idea, but it's really not needed as you get warnings at preset usage amounts (assuming you are on a shock free plan), as well as automatic blocking at 100%.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

It is more about the planning on usages. I often checked data after a heavy usage like music streaming, video playback. It helped to find out which app should I use. For example, there is some youtube streaming apps (to avoid youtube ad) that often download the whole clip during playback, that would consume a lot of data. So you can find out which one is the app to use to save data.

The SFD messages are good but not enough.
Userlevel 6
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

Good point. I rarely watch Youtube on LTE, so I hadn't thought of that. I do stream Google Play Music, but I get 6GB of data, so I don't even think about usage. lol.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

If your more interested in how much you've used in the last hour, the data tracking utilities on the phone itself should do the job just as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

@ Lisa you can easily recreate the experience and more, simply follow the 2-3 steps here: 

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/using-koodo-self-serve-your-mobile-phone

@Azure123 we will not create another app, however the usage information will be elevated one step even closer. Essentially you will be able to access usage in just about 2 clicks from your phone. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

Nice, 2 clicks seems to be a sweet spot for a killer app
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

Not an app Azure. :-) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

well, you created a link on the homescreen, that would act like an app, is it?
Unless you are talking about a new function in ios 11,
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

Alright, if we follow the "it looks like an app, acts like an app, therefore it's an app approach" I'm happy to say it's an app.:-) I meant that technically it's not an app as no download is necessary.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

It's a shortcut to a webpage in safari. It would act like a webpage, which is what it is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

@bernard: I just got used to  terms that are often used by some simple-minded friends. You are right on the downloaded app 🙂 cheers.
@timo: FYI, safari is an app
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

[b]What’s the Difference Between a Mobile Website and an App (Application)? Before you can evaluate the benefits of a mobile website vs. an app it’s important to understand the key differences between the two. Both apps and mobile websites are accessed on a handheld devices such as smartphones (e.g. iPhone, Android and Blackberry) and tablets. A mobile website is similar to any other website in that it consists of browser-based HTML pages that are linked together and accessed over the Internet (for mobile typically WiFi or 3G or 4G networks). The obvious characteristic that distinguishes a mobile website from a standard website is the fact that it is designed for the smaller handheld display and touch-screen interface. Increasingly, responsive web design is becoming the new standard for websites that are not only mobile-friendly, but that can scale to any sized device - from desktop down to tablet and handheld smartphones. Like any website, mobile websites/responsive sites can display text content, data, images and video. They can also access mobile-specific features such as click-to-call (to dial a phone number) or location-based mapping. Apps are actual applications that are downloaded and installed on your mobile device, rather than being rendered within a browser. Users visit device-specific portals such as Apple’s App Store, Android Market, or Blackberry App World in order to find and download apps for a given operating system. The app may pull content and data from the Internet, in similar fashion to a website, or it may download the content so that it can be accessed without an Inter
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

The fact that you can use an app to view a mobile website does not mean that the mobile website is an app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

@Timo, I am not sure if the discussion is worth
I believed you copied from this source: https://www.hswsolutions.com/services/mobile-web-development/mobile-website-vs-apps/,
That one is opinion of one author, without any references to other mainstream sources like wiki or academic one. You could keep your opinion, I would not challenge it. If you find those interesting, I would not comment.

If you are a developer, the definition of app covered "web browsers". And if you download Chrome on ios, you have to go to App store. iOS and Android have webkit that allow developers to use functions of a browser for other purposes. Safari was built on Webkit also, they are not a different type. It is an app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

That's just like, your opinion, man.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

At no point did I say that a web browser is not an app. What I said was that a webPAGE is not an app, in much the same way that a TV dinner is not a microwave.
Userlevel 6
Dinh wrote:

I don't need info...

Wait.... It's not? You mean I've been deceived by Hungry Man all these years????!!