Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I'm So Confused.

Userlevel 1
Can someone please let me know, if an unlocked phone with these specs, will work on the Koodo Network? Model HUAWEI Ascend P7 Band SIM 1: 3G: UMTS/WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100MHz 2G: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz SIM 2: GSM: 900/1800/1900MHz Sim Card Dual SIM Card Dual Standby(one micro, one nano) Service Provide Unlocked Thanks in advance!

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi there, Band SIM 1: Yes, those frequencies work with Koodo's 2G and 3G network (not LTE) Hope this helps. Cheers, Peter
Userlevel 7
Peter wrote:

Hi there, Band SIM 1: Yes, those frequencies work with Koodo's 2G and 3G network (not LTE) ...

Koodo doesn't have a 2G network. It will only work on the 3G network
Userlevel 5
Peter wrote:

Hi there, Band SIM 1: Yes, those frequencies work with Koodo's 2G and 3G network (not LTE) ...

Thanks for clarifying Ahmad. I just assumed 2G based from Telus' network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Peter wrote:

Hehe only Rogers (and its subsidiaries) has a 2G network, Peter 🙂 It's what is commonly called GSM. So even Telus doesn't have 2G, neither does Bell... 3G is where it's at. That is why most European/Asian phones will work with Rogers but only a handful will work with Bell/Telus!
Userlevel 5
Peter wrote:

Copy that.
Userlevel 7
Yes it should work on Koodo as long as it's unlocked.
Userlevel 1
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Userlevel 1
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unless you have already purchased this phone (or need a dual-SIM setup), I'd advise you to go with the single-SIM version as that one has a micro-SD slot for expandable memory. I've had that version and used it without a problem with Koodo.