Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I'm leaving CANADA to NORTH AFRICA for a month. Can I still keep my account open?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes! I would suggest contacting Koodo to put your account on seasonal hold for $15/month. You will need a way to pay this though, wether its through pre authorized payments or you have access to pay it while traveling. Note, if you put a seasonal hold on your account you will have to choose from one of the current plans when you get back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Yes! I would suggest contacting Koodo to put your account on seasonal hold for $15/month. You wil...

I would not bother for a month, especially if Imen has a plan which might not be available upon return. Koodo's travel options are also only available to use if the account is not in seasonal hold. There is also no FA factor, as the phone is ready to use immediately upon returning to Canada.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As long as you pay your bill, your account remains open
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you want to use your iPhone there? If yes, the you should either buy a roaming package Koodo offers or unlock your phone and go with prepaid (http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Prepaid_SIM_with_data)
Userlevel 3
Robert wrote:

Do you want to use your iPhone there? If yes, the you should either buy a roaming package Koodo o...

How did you presume that she has an iPhone? Just curious lol.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Do you want to use your iPhone there? If yes, the you should either buy a roaming package Koodo o...

50/50 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Looking at the title, she selected android.
Thank you very much for ur advice 
I appreciate it  :) 
Userlevel 6
Android unlock codes are $2-20 on ebay ($2 for Motorola's, $15 currently for Samsungs locked to Télus/Koodo).