Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I'm frustrated with my Galaxy Ace IIx!

I have a samsung model GT-S7560M and seem to be having many many issues with it over the last while.. I heard there is a recall due to these bugs? Do I take the phone back to the store?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
The Galaxy Ace IIx Is an entry level, single core, very pretty, Android device. And that's about where the fun stops These days a single core low memory device like that isn't really going to give anyone a satisfying experience. Constant lag, things may not even load. Calls take forever to connect. All part of the words entry level. Tbh I bought one as a backup and quickly sold it at a loss later. There are better options out there. The Moto G comes to mind right away. Quad core, more internal memory. A much better experience. All the flagship performance at an entey level price. How long have you had this Ace iix?
Userlevel 7
There are no recalls on phones but they (manufacturer) do cover them under a 1 year warranty from defects. If it's under that, then you can go to a Koodo shop to request servicing. If not, then you have to pay off your Tab and get a new device. I'll be honest with you: I wouldn't bother repairing it. Please get a new phone. The Ace II X is just a cheaper, lower end phone so it can't handle too many applications or store many things. While it's a functional talk and text smartphone, it's just too low spec'd to deal with the increasing power usage of Android these days.
Userlevel 1
What issues? need more detail.
I have had it just over a year, I am not a **tied to my phone use it for everything** type but I do want it to work! I can't get or send pictures via text, sometimes i get notifications sometimes I don't..sometimes the typing is quick etc.. It has just been the last 4-6 weeks it has been acting up and I have done everything except drop it in the toilet!
Userlevel 7
Teri Harder wrote:

I have had it just over a year, I am not a **tied to my phone use it for everything** type but I ...

I wish I had better news for you but the truth is android and it's apps require more and more from the hardware they are running on. Dropping it in the toilet may actually improve your situation since you'd be forced to upgrade a phone you've grown out of.
Teri Harder wrote:

I have had it just over a year, I am not a **tied to my phone use it for everything** type but I ...

haha!
Userlevel 1
Have you installed any apps on your phone recently? Also Do you have data turned? In order to send mms (Pictures via text) you must have data turned on.
as i say I am not one who lives by my phone.. I don't do the whole app thing, I really only use it for the occasional call and texts, no internet use no meeting no life on my phone.. was only wondering if there was a quick fix (aside from the toilet).. worked great up until a few weeks back.. thanks for the help all
Userlevel 7
https://shop.koodomobile.com/koodo-cell-phones/android/moto-g/prodKHMOXT1032.html Please do yourself a favor and get that please. Since you say you don't need the bells and whistles, this is the one you should have. It's the best budget phone I have ever used. You'll thank us later.
thank you..
I recently switched from my old Galaxy Ace (original version,) to the Moto G. I was at the point where the originally installed apps couldn't update due to lack of internal storage. As has been said, the Moto G is a marked improvement over the Samsung but still a quality budget phone with improved speed and function. Regards
Userlevel 5
I had the ACE II X for a good portion of a year, and I was satisfied with it for what I needed it to do. Talk / Text / occasional internet. As previously stated it is an entry level phone and it seem that really its the only thing that you need for your usage. I would suggest that you do a factory reset on it. You will loose all your info on it (ie: contacts, pictures that aren't stored on the memory card) etc.