Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I'm being told that if I pay the full (no tab) price for the Samsung S6 that I can't use it with a prepaid plan. Is that right?

Userlevel 1

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They probably mean they can't sell it outright for prepaid! They (Koodo Kiosk) aren't supposed to sell you a phone over 500$ unless you sign up for a monthly plan or already are on a monthly plan. You could use Dennis' suggestion if your credit's good enough, if not you can also ask another koodo monthly customer at the kiosk to buy it outright for you (provided you give them the money of course).
Userlevel 5
Dennis wrote:

You can use any Koodo phone or carrier unlocked phone that is compatible with Koodo on prepaid. ...

Although as a note, doing this you would be paying extra since youd be paying for service until you cancel it, and negatively impacting your credit score.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can use any Koodo phone or carrier unlocked phone that is compatible with Koodo on prepaid. They may be hesitant to sell it to you though. But if you sign up for a plan and buy the phone and then cancel the plan then they can't do anything to stop you from using it with prepaid