Koodo Community

Community

I'm being ripped off for $5.00 over "data usage"! What is going on?!

Userlevel 1
So according to my ebill I'm being charged for October 10th around the evening. This is especially important considering I've been at home using wifi most of the time since I'm having trouble finding a job, so I also don't have the extra money to be throwing away over nothing. What ever happened to my "shock free data"? I can guarantee I've never bypassed any data locks for those exact reasons. Please fix this...

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Did you get a text message for shock-free data at all?
Userlevel 1
Yep, said I used up my data until the end of that cycle (the next day), so I made sure my wifi was connected before I continued anything.
Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1
If you look close you'll notice I got the text (and likely cut-off) a minute after the billing system appears to have metered and punished me...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brent Bernhardt wrote:

If you look close you'll notice I got the text (and likely cut-off) a minute after the billing sy...

Send Koodo a message via Facebook and they can sort this out for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brent Bernhardt wrote:

If you look close you'll notice I got the text (and likely cut-off) a minute after the billing sy...

It looks like you may have changed the setting based on the above Brent. Meaning that you are set to be notified but not blocked. Did you check online what the settings are? 
Userlevel 1
Brent Bernhardt wrote:

I have never changed my settings, I don't even know how or where to check that. When I got my phone I was told it would block my usage when it was maxed out. That's the whole gimmick to "shock free data", is it not?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brent Bernhardt wrote:

Yeah that's it. Maybe there was a problem on your account. I'm sure Koodo will solve it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brent Bernhardt wrote:

Yeah, we would have to look at your account to see what happened. Can you send us a private message and we will check it.
Userlevel 1
Brent Bernhardt wrote:

Private message you how? On site? Over facebook? Am I going to be speaking to you or am I going to have to explain myself all over again?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brent Bernhardt wrote:

FB Message https://www.facebook.com/Koodo

You can attach this post.
Userlevel 1
Brent Bernhardt wrote:

Alright, awesome. Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Brent Bernhardt wrote:

Just to update with what happened behind the scenes, the data block seems to have been removed somehow but customer service said they got it fixed and gave me a credit towards the bill to offset the charge. I'm very happy with the results! Thanks for the help everyone!