Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I lost my phone so I suspended my account, but I've since had it returned... how do I unsuspend my account online?

I looked under the lost/stolen phone tab and it is telling me that i am not allowed to see that content. I need to do it online because I dont have another phone I can call in with.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
The account holder needs to log into their self-serve and they can unsuspend the phone for you. It sounds like you have a limited-access account.
Userlevel 3
That happened to me yet I'm the account holder. I could suspend but not unsuspend. Must be broken.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe you have to call in to unsuspend your service.
Userlevel 6
Hi Julie, you will indeed have to call us. We can be reached from another phone at 1-866-995-6636, option #5. Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Yannick wrote:

Hi Julie, you will indeed have to call us. We can be reached from another phone at 1-866-995-6636...

Why does the button say suspend/restore if you can't restore? 

Yannick wrote:

Hi Julie, you will indeed have to call us. We can be reached from another phone at 1-866-995-6636...

I have same problem, suspended and want to return to service.  Account says "Suspend/restore lost or stolen phone >" .   One might assume that you could then do both from link, and can not imagine why it has not been added.  If you are in account, and have ability to suspend, then should have ability to also restore.  Rather poor design, at the very least it should tell you when you click on what is needed to be done to restore.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yannick wrote:

I believe that it's supposed to be an added security measure so someone cannot say go into your self-serve account if you have it to remember your password and unsuspend.
Yannick wrote:

One can not get into account without a password.

Now in theory it may be a concern that :
a) the phone may not have any password or security on it and
b) the user left passwords somewhere in a file on the phone for their account

The combination of the two is somewhat unlikely, however in the remote event that this might occur, have a button on the site which will send an email with the link to unlock.  The message would be sent to the email account registered with the account. 

Even if the phone was set up to read email, and that particular account, would not be an issue as if suspended the would be no flow of data, hence email would have to be read on another device.

Or, as an alternate solution have challenge questions to remove suspension similar to what banks may use for lost passwords.

Or a combination of the two..

This is not something that can not be figured out by half way knowledgeable IT personal.  We can perform much more security sensitive transactions online such as banking as an example.

However, if accomplishing this with comfort is beyond the ability of the team so be it, at least inform users when they suspend that they will not be able to preform task themselves and what they will need to do versus having link that would lead one to believe that both suspension and removal of the suspension are both available online.  

Link shows as " Suspend/restore a lost or stolen phone > ".  Reading that, what would this lead you to believe?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yannick wrote:

The reason you have to call is so they can identify you. Securtiy questions, sending an email are both great options but are easy to get from a phone if the phone doesnt have a password. Calling in is the most secure way to 100% prove your identity. I do agree though that the button should only say suspend and no suspend/restore.