Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I live near the border

I live in Niagara Falls Canada and I work at the bottom of Clifton hill. If I step outside the doors to my work place I can see cars crossing the border that's how close I am. I know I can use my settings to turn roaming off but I need my phone for work but I'm being charged for it. Is there anything I can do? Or do I need to leave Koodo?
icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 26 April 2017, 12:47

In your preferences for [b]Mobile Networks,  set your provider to [b]Koodo rather than [b]automatic.

Your phone will  normally latch on to the strongest signal in your neighbourhood, so limiting your connecton to Koodo should kabosh any accidental roaming. If you do intent to visit the US, you will have to revert that setting or you will get no service at all there.

This is not a uniquely Koodo problem... changing providers will not help as long as your handset is allowed to zero in on the strongest signal regardless, and Koodo has been good in the past on reversing borderline roaming charges.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In your preferences for [b]Mobile Networks,  set your provider to [b]Koodo rather than [b]automatic.

Your phone will  normally latch on to the strongest signal in your neighbourhood, so limiting your connecton to Koodo should kabosh any accidental roaming. If you do intent to visit the US, you will have to revert that setting or you will get no service at all there.

This is not a uniquely Koodo problem... changing providers will not help as long as your handset is allowed to zero in on the strongest signal regardless, and Koodo has been good in the past on reversing borderline roaming charges.