Koodo Community

Community

I live in Hamilton. My phone is a Moto g 3rd gen. And my plan is$35 300MB 300 min Plan

Siince yesterday, I haven't been able to recieve text messages or phone calls. I pay my bill monthly automatically but i can't figure out the problem?. Why is this happeninging? and how do I fix it?

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have any service? If so how many bars?
Userlevel 1
Did you try rebooting your device? Most problems can be solved doing that.
Devin Cusson wrote:

How do I do a reboot?  Will I lose my contacts, apps pictures?
Userlevel 1
Devin Cusson wrote:

Reboot is the same as restarting. You will not lose any data. Hold down the power button until the screen turns black. After, hold the power button until the screen turns on. See if that works.
Devin Cusson wrote:

I will give it a try and see if it helps
Devin Cusson wrote:

I rebooted my phone and now it's working again.  Thanks Devin.
Userlevel 1
Devin Cusson wrote:

Good to hear! Glad I could help.
It looks like I have 3 bars.  Everything was fine the day before yesterday.  I can recieve emails, but it seems that i can't make or receive texts or phone calls since yesterday.  this is the first time i have had this problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jack Dieleman wrote:

It looks like I have 3 bars.  Everything was fine the day before yesterday.  I can reci...

Try turning airplane mode on and off, restarting your device, taking out and reinserting your sim card. Has anything changed since your last successful text and today? Location, settings, account changes, etc?
Jack Dieleman wrote:

It looks like I have 3 bars.  Everything was fine the day before yesterday.  I can reci...

Nothing has changed. Location, settings, account etc. I'm going to try a reboot and see if that works
Userlevel 1
Any new updates Jack?
I rebooted my phone and it works now.  Thanks Devin!
Userlevel 6
Jack Dieleman wrote:

I'm astonished Jack Dieleman never rebooted that Moto G 3rd gen (2015) since it's been activated. Kudos to your Motorola phone on Koodo!
Jack Dieleman wrote:

I have it plugged in at night and then I disconnect it in the morning.  I sometimes use it a lot during the day for texting, email, surfing the web,  I don't make to many phone calls.  I have never had to reboot it. 
Userlevel 1
Jack Dieleman wrote:

When in doubt, reboot your phone!
Jack Dieleman wrote:

I will!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jack Dieleman wrote:

Ttitaniumtux said:[i] "I'm astonished Jack Dieleman never rebooted that Moto G 3rd gen (2015) since it's been activated. Kudos to your Motorola phone on Koodo!"

I guess the software has never been updated either, then!

Userlevel 6
Jack Dieleman wrote:

Yeah, I'd definitely recommend updating that Moto G 3rd gen to Marshmallow if it hasn't been done already.
Since the warranty is most likely over, if OP is techsavvy, he could unlock bootloader and sideload Lineage ROM on the device and get Android 7.1.1 on the phone, since Motorola will not release Nougat update for that handset.