Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I just bought a new phone, and now the site and the device show different rollover times for data

So once I bought my new phone, I believe it was right in the middle of my pay period, the phone showed a completely fresh data track. April 2 to May 2nd I think is what it's tracking. However, I just got the email that my data is half spent and the site still shows the old 17th to 17th that I'm used to.

Should I expect that my phone will revert to the proper times? (17 to 17) or did the tracking period actually change?

Is this something I should head to a kiosk to ask?

Thanks for any help.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your phones data counter has to be set by you, it has nothing to do with anything Koodo does including activation time or anything else.
Your time frame for billing periods stays exactly the same when you upgrade phones since all your doing is changing what phone your using your service on.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Your phones data counter has to be set by you, it has nothing to do with anything Koodo does incl...

So how would I go about having that set to the proper dates? I haven't changed anything manually. Wasn't aware that it was even possible.

And since it's showing different dates, it's completely screwed up for actually accurately tracking how much data I have used. My phone says 75 MB. My plan says 220.

The issue is pretty apparent eh?
Userlevel 7

Your phones data counter has to be set by you, it has nothing to do with anything Koodo does incl...

Adam, your phone's tracking is set to only track that phone's data usage. You can change the date by modifying the cycle start date.

Lol....that's what I'm asking...how do you modify that? I can't see an option to do so...Did I not explain the issue properly or something?

I'm not sure what the disconnect is here...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Depends on your OS. Android, bb10, ios, Windows, something else? Generally it'll be in the settings. Fo android it's right there under "data usage."
Userlevel 7

I also thought it was pretty straight forward on my answer but here you go: 1- Turn your phone on.
2- Enter your password (if you have one)
3- Bring down the top menu
4- Click the gear icon to open settings
5- Click on Data Usage
6- Click on the date range you currently see
7- Click on "Change cycle..."
8- Select the date that your bill cycle resets
9- Click on OK to confirm

Thank you Mathieu, real instructions are easier to follow then assuming that everyone knows what you are talking about 😉

But, to add to that, "Change Cycle" is not an option that I can see in my Data settings.

Goran: Thanks, yeah it is an Android. Does Koodo have iPhones? Whatever, beside the point now lol.

As I mentioned to Mathieu just now, there doesn't seem to be an option to change the cycle when I'm in data settings. I can choose the last cycle, to view only(March 3 to April 4) but I can't alter the start and end dates.
Userlevel 7

Take a look at this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/264604-note-2-can-t-change-data-usage-cycle-anymore.html "I finally figured it out. - When you're in the Data Usage section, tap the bottom left capacitative button and select Settings. - Uncheck 'Auto Sync Data'. - Now when you tap the Data usage cycle, 'Change Cycle' should appear at the bottom of the drop down menu."

Oh wow there we go. Thanks Mathieu. The only way this worked was with data on and WiFi off as another in that thread suggested. I can't even find an Auto Sync setting...maybe because I'm on Android 6 now? I dunno. Either way. Thanks for the help
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Reasons like this I will miss bb10.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah Marshmallow makes it less obvious. Kind of annoying, tbh.
Userlevel 7

Post a screenshot of the data usage menu.

It's already done Mathieu. I mentioned that a couple comments above.
Userlevel 4

The best way to check used data or phone minutes is always the Koodo app.

Correct Tiz, but when there are completely different numbers showing on those two locations, I have to ask questions lol.

I would rather understand the topic at hand then drown in ignorance and end up paying for a whole bunch of data I never intended to use.
Userlevel 4

:)

I have this same issue. For example my current cycle is from Aug 12 - Sept 11, on my phone it says Aug 6 - Sept 5. Can this be synchronized so they are the same. TIA 

Updated: for those who haven't found it, hold the drop down menu and at the bottom is "change cycle" which lets you change the day of the month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You have to change the cycle on your phone.
Go to setting  > turn off WIFI  > Turn on data > tap on data dates > change cycle > 

(if your  billing cycle is 12th to 11th, then you should set reset date on 12th)
Userlevel 7
Even if the data counters are in sync, the amount of data used shown on Koodo's side is what you will be billed on. The phone just does the actions it's told to do and that's it. MMS technically uses data, but Koodo doesn't bill those to you since all plans have unlimited messaging, so you will almost always have a small discrepancy at the end of the month anyway.